Sorry but no one will catch BD

I believe someone said something like that once this year... I believe someone said... "They won't catch Crown" well... It happened!! Let the staff do what they do best!! They can do this!!

That was also back when people thought no one could touch Crown this season

So I guess 2008 was wishful thinking too? :satisfied:

One year out of how many years of wishful thinking? :blink: A very good year tho, definitely took something that special to overthrow the Devs

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, I know, "08." And my response to that is "09." I think we have to remember that in these next 3 weeks, every single corps will be making vast improvements for finals, including BD.

Such an awesome season!

And '07 in response to '06. Blue Devils have been the most consistent corps this half of the decade.....or since the last half of the last decade, however you view it.

Unless a corps rises up and can consistently compete with them, you've gotta say Blue Devils any given year.

But especially this year :satisfied:

Only one corps has the show to challenge....and that is the Cavaliers. They will be the crowd favorite on Finals night (just like Phantom in '08) and they will feed off that excitement. They will close the gap and make a furious run during Finals week...

but in the end, the Concord Blue Devils win their 14th World Championship.

Cali.

I actually like the BD show this year, but honestly I'm rooting "against" them. Cavaliers show just calls for the crowd, where BD's show seems to be built primarily for judging and innovation. (if you want to call giant mirrors innovation).

Plus there's the whole underdog thing.

:satisfied:

for you and others that call your favorite corps "Anyone but BD" Its called wishfull thinking.

G

Just like in 08, when people called game, set, and match at this same time of season...........

I would tell the corps to not order rings just yet...........

GB

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Seriously though - If anyone can catch them we will have a better idea this weekend based on spreads if that is a possibility.

If I was a betting man, I'd put $ on Cavies and Cadets. They've both been there before and have designs and experience to get them back there.

Fingers crossed - Not a big BD fan here.

Just like in 08, when people called game, set, and match at this same time of season...........

I would tell the corps to not order rings just yet...........

GB

The difference in 08 was that Phantom beat BD in Brass, Drums, GE and all Music captions most of the season as a 3rd-4th place ranked corps, including finals week. That set up a chance to win with improved vis scores and GE across the board, which happened only finals week.

NO ONE has consistently beaten BD in ANY captions this year ( save for drums this week-Phantom) and history will tell you that 08 was an all together completely different scenario when you look at the facts, and not just say "like in 08".... Evidence beats Emotion any day.. (Principles of Law..)

They would have to completely fall on their face and someone completely turn around, i.e Cavies winning all Music captions. I just don't see any logical scenario where this is possible, but miracles can happen I guess.. :satisfied:

My money would be on Cadets if any could do it, as they have the experience and ability, but they would have to completely catch fire in drums,GE and guard. Just don't see it...

Edited by trumpetcam

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

Seriously though - If anyone can catch them we will have a better idea this weekend based on spreads if that is a possibility.

If I was a betting man, I'd put $ on Cavies and Cadets. They've both been there before and have designs and experience to get them back there.

Fingers crossed - Not a big BD fan here.

It's going to be something if someone does catch BD though...would add more excitement to the season, even if BD wins, if someone catches them before finals, I think it'd cause an uproar of EPIC (I can't believe I just used that word :satisfied: ) proportions.

It's going to be something if someone does catch BD though...would add more excitement to the season, even if BD wins, if someone catches them before finals, I think it'd cause an uproar of EPIC (I can't believe I just used that word :satisfied: ) proportions.

What are you gonna say next, that it would be HECKA-cool if someone else won? :blink:

Cali.