Sorry but no one will catch BD

I guess you didn't read one of my earlier posts. The difference in 08 was that Phantom beat BD in Brass, Drums, GE and all Music captions most of the season as a 3rd-4th place ranked corps, including finals week. That set up a chance to win with improved vis scores and GE across the board, which happened only finals week.

NO ONE has consistently beaten BD in ANY captions this year ( save for drums this week-Phantom) and history will tell you that 08 was an all together different scenario when you look at the facts, and not just say "like in 08"....

They would have to completely fold and someone completely turn around, i.e Cavies winning all Music captions. I just don't see any logical scenario where this is possible, but miracles can happen I guess.. :satisfied:

My money would be on Cadets if any could do it, as they have the experience and ability, but they would have to completely catch fire in drums,GE and guard. Just don't see it...

I think they (BD) will peak within a week, not unlike 08......yes, Phantom did beat BD in ensemble/perc., but BD was always winning brass, even though I felt Phantom clearly clocked them there championship week 08 (it was a tenth in BD's favor)

I don't think BD has the huge music effect in the program that they think they do or the judges have been giving, and tjat was their brick wall in 2008.....

Everyone is pointing toward Cavaliers, but I do agree with you that I don't think they will be the one to get it done......I also think Cadets have the most room..............

GB

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you gonna say next, that it would be HECKA-cool if someone else won? :satisfied:

Cali.

Lol, don't you mean "HELLA" cool? Isn't that what you guys say in Cali? I forgot how much I hated that word too lol...

I just got done watching this clip of the BD. I have yet to see them live, but the music sucks. If they want the music to stick in the fans heads after leaving the show,, this certainly does not.

video link removed--lm

I think they (BD) will peak within a week, not unlike 08......yes, Phantom did beat BD in ensemble/perc., but BD was always winning brass, even though I felt Phantom clearly clocked them there championship week 08 (it was a tenth in BD's favor)

I don't think BD has the huge music effect in the program that they think they do or the judges have been giving, and tjat was their brick wall in 2008.....

Everyone is pointing toward Cavaliers, but I do agree with you that I don't think they will be the one to get it done......I also think Cadets have the most room..............

GB

I agree. But, not so with brass. Check old recaps as Phantom was flipflopping nightly with BD in brass for much of the season, some nights by as much as .6 on the field. So, there was some early indicators it could be possible if you look back in hindsight. I guess its always easy to look and read into it after the fact.

Yeah, Cadets can never be counted out. They don't sleep... :satisfied:

I just got done watching this clip of the BD. I have yet to see them live, but the music sucks. If they want the music to stick in the fans heads after leaving the show,, this certainly does not.

video link removed--lm

Another can of worms. :satisfied:

video link removed--lm

When were you coronated to speak for "the fans"?

What was the nomination process like?

Or was it one of those self-nominate, self-proclaimed type things?

;)

video link removed--lm

It's called jazz. Try checking it out sometime and be open minded. Anyone with musical intelligence typically won't use words like "it sucks", which shows a very immature sense of musical development. BTW, you thought enough of it to link the clip and write a response, so it must have affected you in some way.... Hmmm... I guess it "stuck in your head" as well, right?

Apples and oranges. I have advanced degrees in music and play all types of music as a professional. While I may not have it in my CD player currently, I can recognize its validity as a musical art form and a different style from most people's comfort level. We may not always agree on our favorite corps here, but you are dealing with some very good musicians on this board. Don't insult our intelligence and please state well thought out and informative posts.

OK, enough writing. The original response didn't really deserve that much from us... :satisfied:

Edited by Lance

Crown and BD STILL havent gone head to head..

And they never will! Conspiracy, I say! The Atlanta dome will be filled with BP's trash oil so the show will be cancelled, and then Crown and BD's trucks will crash together on the way to Quarterfinals, creating a noise that will inspire BD 2011's show. This show will naturally go undefeated.

O shoot.. I said too much! :satisfied:

video link removed--lm

When were you coronated to speak for "the fans"?

What was the nomination process like?

Or was it one of those self-nominate, self-proclaimed type things?

;)

LOL... well Me, Myself, and I.. =)

Oh and Crown and BD go head to head I believe tomorrow night.