Sorry but no one will catch BD

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Phantom Regiment being 4th most of the time in 2008 meant that they didn't have a shot?

Please read post #51 in quotes. It's all there... Lots of reasons why Phantom didn't sneak up and why noone this year will... I think it makes a lot of sense if you understand how recap analysis shows reality. I try to take emotion and what I want to happen out of the equation and use more logic. That's just me though..

Edited by trumpetcam

I think what is interesting about this thread is that everyone thinks its ONLY the Cavies that have the shot to beat BD...

Scratching my head too.

In which captions do y'all expect Cavies to top BD? When Cavies finished second to BD in Houston last week, they ranked third in many of the subcaptions (fourth in one). They're going to have to convert those and most of the two's to ones to win.

One prospect interesting to me is the possibilty that certain strengths within the three C's and a B cluster could crowd the scoring options finals week. If, for instance, Cadets or Crown were to edge out BD in the brass category while Bluecoats or Phantom took drums and Cavies pressed BD in certain visual categories, then BD's score wouldn't be unassailable. Still can't count BD out, however. The problem (unless you're BD) isn't just winning any one caption; it's also displacing BD from enough No. 2 rankings.

What would be really interesting - though I doubt it will happen - is if we were to have a champion who wasn't No. 1 or 2 in every caption. How great would it be to have a champion win only a couple of captions and have the the rest divided among three or more corps?

HH

I think they (BD) will peak within a week, not unlike 08......yes, Phantom did beat BD in ensemble/perc., but BD was always winning brass, even though I felt Phantom clearly clocked them there championship week 08 (it was a tenth in BD's favor)

I don't think BD has the huge music effect in the program that they think they do or the judges have been giving, and tjat was their brick wall in 2008.....

Everyone is pointing toward Cavaliers, but I do agree with you that I don't think they will be the one to get it done......I also think Cadets have the most room..............

GB

I am hoping for any of the big 3 C's....Cavaliers, Cadets, or Crown. IMO....BD was much better last year....certainly in terms of GE. Again, IMO...their show just doesn't do much for me....the slow, follow the leader-like marching isn't doing it for me either. With that said...what they are doing is being done very well...I just don't care for it.

I hope to God that it's another 2008 year!!

alas.....BD will win it because it's all smoke and mirrors and the judges will fall for it.

I can see it now.....next year BD will use picnic tables and umbrellas and eat their dinner while performing their show. They will be known as the most "efficient" corps to date. Penalties and fines will be assessed for the first few shows as some members forget to throw away their trash at the end of the show. (JUST KIDDING)

August 14, Indianapolis

In first place with a score of 98.965, from Concord, California, The Blue Devils.

We are 19 days away from finals. 19 days away from naming the 2010 DCI Champion. I am sorry to announce the results so soon however, I can no longer ignore the obvious. BD’s are points ahead of the other top 5 and are winning all captions. Like there show or not, this year’s show will not get stale or peak too early. For whatever reason, the judging community loves what they are doing and how they are doing it. And the 2010 Blue Machine may be the best all around group the have ever put on the field

No one will catch them and it’s even doubtful they will get much closer.

Perhaps you disagree (I hope) If so please tell us which Corps will catch them and more importantly how they will catch them. Be specific. IE they will make up .6 in drums, .3 in brass etc, etc. Please dont use examples from previous years (Crops X was Y behind and caught Corps Z Bla Bla Bal) Yes I know it has happened. We are only talking about 2010 here.

Have fun

SCV Homer

Mirror, mirror on the wall -er- football field---which drum corps will the highest score yield ?

The blue ones with the guard that is talented but always dressed in clown apparel.............Seriously, it is a good thing they are good because their freakin guard looks like a bunch of ragamuffins...--All sections are good----in fact, just do not dig the show this year

As much as I love the Cavaliers, Blue and Crown this year---I really do not think that BD will be caught. On that note, I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Forevergreen

I hope to God that it's another 2008 year!!

alas.....BD will win it because it's all smoke and mirrors and the judges will fall for it.

I can see it now.....next year BD will use picnic tables and umbrellas and eat their dinner while performing their show. They will be known as the most "efficient" corps to date. Penalties and fines will be assessed for the first few shows as some members forget to throw away their trash at the end of the show. (JUST KIDDING)

The judges are told what to reward by the member corps. When they want to readjust, they changed the rubrics and tell the judges what they THEN want rewarded. It's rules and rewards that every corps is privy to because theyre the ones that make the rules and rewards....yes, even when you marched it was that way.

To insult judges as somehow being "fooled" just by BD is just petty. BK is one of the classiest corps out there, and I know for a fact they don't foster that. It's just sad.