Who will be on top?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be on top?

• Blue Devils
    • The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets

BD is incredibly dirty right now. Bloo is super clean and has been for awhile.

And I like Bloo's show a lot more...just for the record. :)

I'm with Lance, BD is really dirty and are still scoring the highest. I do think there's a chance for them to lose in the end, and it could be possible for a couple of corps to slip by them.

Honestly, Bluecoats have a total package; Cavaliers do as well. I'm not sure Crown's GE and drums are going to be enough this year, but I could say similar things about BDs Music GE.

It would be more fun to see a two or three horse race for sure.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/29/1995, these were the scores when BD and Cavies went against one another (BD beat them by 1.9 points):

Blue Devils: 93.5

Cavaliers: 91.6

On 8/12/1995 at finals, these were their scores (Cavies beat BD by 1.6 points):

Cavaliers: 98.3

Blue Devils: 96.7

In 13 days, there was a 3.5 point swing between these two corps....no telling if it will happen this year, but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if it did.

better yet:

8/3/85

SCV 95.5

Cadets 93.3

8/17/85

Cadets 98.4

SCV 97.2

8/1/87

SCV94.2

Cadets 92.8

8/15/87

Cadets 97.9

SCV 97.8

I was just looking at scores for The Cavaliers... GE and visual I can see... The Key thing for them is MUSIC. In my opinion they are getting better in music, slowly but surely. In my opinion for them to pull the upset they would have to get the music ensemble and percussion up. If they can get the brass just high enough its probable. It is all very possible.

I think eveyone questioned the turnover in staff and management. Seems like their replacements are doing quite well in giving the boys a show that can win it all, dontcha think? I had no doubt especially since Mr. Gaines is still there doing his usual excellent work.

I agree. Especially the Mr. Gaines part. But I've also been a fan of Mr. Shanefield's

work and let's not forget Mr. Toth as well. Anyway, it's going to be tough to beat

BD, but my gut tells me that the Green Machine can do it!

It's funny how everyone is desperatley scrambling to find something, anything that they can latch onto to show BD can and will get beat by Cavaliers. Last I checked, even if they come within one tenth, thats still not ahead of BD, and right now its BD to lose.....everyone just has to get their hopes up that the big, bad, monster doesnt walk away with the title, because, everyones world would end should they win, right ??

Too funny.

G

It's funny how everyone is desperatley scrambling to find something, anything that they can latch onto to show BD can and will get beat by Cavaliers. Last I checked, even if they come within one tenth, thats still not ahead of BD, and right now its BD to lose.....everyone just has to get their hopes up that the big, bad, monster doesnt walk away with the title, because, everyones world would end should they win, right ??

Too funny.

G

I respect your opinion however, didn't you once say that The Cavaliers didn't have a chance to pass up Crown? I think that everyone should look at the picture at as a whole... more or less look at every possibility. I too, logically think BD will win... but my heart is saying The Cavaliers... honestly I am telling myself that I don't get my hopes up. But two things are very certain, one The Cavaliers have the best show this year (in my opinion of course) and two... never underestimate the Green Machine.

I respect your opinion however, didn't you once say that The Cavaliers didn't have a chance to pass up Crown? I think that everyone should look at the picture at as a whole... more or less look at every possibility. I too, logically think BD will win... but my heart is saying The Cavaliers... honestly I am telling myself that I don't get my hopes up. But two things are very certain, one The Cavaliers have the best show this year (in my opinion of course) and two... never underestimate the Green Machine.

well, in my opinon, Blue Devils have one of the greatest shows of the last ten years , one like 2002 Cavaliers and 2005 Cadets, where there is no glaring weakness and whats more, the competition this year, as opposed to 02 and 05, is much more credible and Blue Devils are still points ahead,,even if it dwindles down to a tenth, its still them in the drivers seat.

G

Yeah but a lot of people seem to already be ruling out the possibility that Cavies may be passed up by the other three corps below them. In this day in drum corps age, I think anything's possible, especially within the last 2.5 weeks in the season.

BD will win.

And, if by some crazy reason they don't, it'll probably be the Cavaliers.