1995 all over Again

How do we know? There was no internet then nor, God forbid... DCP! People had to leave nasty BD comments on the windsheld wipers of their buses! Write anti-BD slogans on their forehead or fart in the tunnel as they entered the field. :tongue:

Im curious, did you follow the activity in 1995 ?? If you didnt I dont think you can comment. Some of us attended over ten, twenty, shows that year and can remember it well. I think its safe to say, we can comment .......

G

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we know? There was no internet then nor, God forbid... DCP! People had to leave nasty BD comments on the windsheld wipers of their buses! Write anti-BD slogans on their forehead or fart in the tunnel as they entered the field. :tongue:

1995 was the first year I followed drum corps on rec.arts.marching.drumcorps. You can still find the discussions on Google Groups.

Edited by mfrontz

1995 was the first year I followed drum corps on rec.arts.marching.drumcorps. You can still find the discussions on Google Groups.

And if you do venture into that place, make sure to de-louse before coming back here.

Im curious, did you follow the activity in 1995 ?? If you didnt I dont think you can comment. Some of us attended over ten, twenty, shows that year and can remember it well. I think its safe to say, we can comment .......

G

Uh oh, the G Third Degree! :tongue:

Who #### in your cerial bowl?

By the way...I didn't and I won't...are we cool here?

Back to the serious discussion!

I am okay if this year is like '95, competitively speaking. Please, do not let the recordings be like '95.

Because some of us were there and remember it well. Fans boo'd the corps quite a bit in 95... I remember a show in Michigan (Ypsilanti I think) where they got boo'd especially bad after trouncing everyone. The show was not a fan favorite in 95 (dark, dissonant music, skulls on the field) and people were just sick and tired of BD winning.

In 94, BD crushed everyone with a great show. In 95, they put out a show that was not easily accessible by fans and kept dominating the competition all the way till finals week. You can see why people keep making references to 95 I am sure.

I realize that one of my favorite corps Crown has not added their "ending" yet, but I was at the show live in Denton last night, and although I didn't think Crown had their best performance, I definitely do not think Cavies had that great of a show and they STILL beat Crown by almost 2 points. As for the Cadets, the beginning is still ragged, IMO, but the ending is pretty awesome. I don't see them catching up to Cavies. Bluecoats may make a run, but I honestly think BD and Cavies are 1 and 2 from here on out. I'd love nothing more if ANYONE would catch and beat BD, though. Just my opinion.

The Cavaliers show is SICK (in a good way). If there's anyone who'll catch BD, it's them.

Because some of us were there and remember it well. Fans boo'd the corps quite a bit in 95... I remember a show in Michigan (Ypsilanti I think) where they got boo'd especially bad after trouncing everyone. The show was not a fan favorite in 95 (dark, dissonant music, skulls on the field) and people were just sick and tired of BD winning.

In 94, BD crushed everyone with a great show. In 95, they put out a show that was not easily accessible by fans and kept dominating the competition all the way till finals week. You can see why people keep making references to 95 I am sure.

Ah yes, the great equalizer....the boo! Such a simple gesture when you think about it. You cup your hands around your mouth and blow out loud guttural sounds that lower primates use to summon the opposite sex in heat! I think this, more than any other form of human communication says...."we've arrived as a specie". Don't you? Yeah! Keep it up you brave few! Darwin would be proud!