Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

Cavies horn line is good this year, but the run so much it affects their playing. If they can get their feet under them, build some endurance, and continue to clean they will be in good shape.... But we will see if they can do all of that....

by that logic cavies should change their drill to devils style and it'd be no contest?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously guys, its not that hard to get. It's a journey, ethereal, transparent, angry, retrospective, introspective, quirky, odd, dissonant, cacophonous, and beauty at times.

Are you trying for the biggest oxymoron ever? You used 10 descriptive adjective-type words, most of which were about at a college age interpretation level, which even the marching members probably wouldn't all understand.

Yet it's "not that hard to get".

L0Lz! :worthy:

Agreed. People hate because its fun. Nobody loves a winner...the emotional peaks and valleys are just draining....this show is one of their best ever.

G

Incorrect on pretty much all counts.

Once again, you decide to paint with a wide brush because some people don't agree with you.

Cavies horn line is good this year, but the run so much it affects their playing. If they can get their feet under them, build some endurance, and continue to clean they will be in good shape.... But we will see if they can do all of that....

I agree except the section running is rarely the one playing!

I agree with this.... the last few chords they play before the final chord are nice and crunchy. I wish they would just hammer one out like that to end the whole thing..... kind of like a big "F YOU" to the audience..... awesome.

May as well go all the way......I've never witnessed so much hatred for something since I aged out. It's kind of oddly refreshing :worthy:

In my book yes. I'm sorry, and you BD homers can flame me all you want, but that is just sad. That show seems like it's being made up as they play it. Af ther the first two minutes, there is no coherent musical thought. I've never seen a drum corps show so weird that it's frustrated me, but BD is getting there.

I agree 100%. For me, this is the WORST drum corps show ever. And I've been at this since DCI was founded. Honestly, if it wasn't for Blue Coats and the Cadets, I'd cancel my trip to Indy.

Correction, just Bluecoats. The voice added to the Cadets show ruined it for me. Sigh.

I agree that BD is pushing the visual envelope this year, but there is nothing envelope-pushing about the music. It's the weak link in the chain, which is a shame, because that visual package deserves more.

Name one other drum corps show to date which has a musical book resembling the Blue Devils' book this year.

liking cavies encore much more than BDs last week

What's sad is that this chat has been so cool and open the whole night and we have all said positive things and kind criticism about all corps. Then, BD comes out, and it turns into a hatefest for like 30 posts. C'mon guys, just stop. STOP!!!!!

Please get over and don't be so emotional. If you don't like it, don't cheer. I personally dislike several shows, but I choose not to bring it to the forum as it just creates negative vibes.

I think the fact that BD elicits such an "emotional" response is hilarious and ironic, since most of you say there is no emotion to what they do whatsoever. You guys, more than others, actually get what they are going for!!!

Edited by trumpetcam