Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crocker was so enthusiastic with that announcement of the Blue Devils after the show. Almost like Bob Uecker in Major League after seeing the Indians blow another one.

Love how they perform. Awesome in that regard, but that show is not my cup of tea. Oh well, everyone was good tonight, but from my perspective, here is how I see it:

1. Blue Devils 94.2

2. Bluecoats 91.9

3. Crown 91.7

4. Cavaliers 91.4

5. Cadets 90.9

6. Phantom Regiment 89.3

7. SCV 88.8

8. Boston 86.1

My favorites shows of the night:

1. Cadets

2. Bluecoats

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Cavaliers

5. Crown

Yes it is clean but I'm sorry I don't get it and Ive been following DCI since 1989. For me, it has NO entertainment value. I am not a BD hater, in fact I have been a HUGE fan for years, but this one is over my head. At least 1930 was entertaining.

If the devils win this year.. could they be the worst best show of all time?

In my book yes. I'm sorry, and you BD homers can flame me all you want, but that is just sad. That show seems like it's being made up as they play it. Af ther the first two minutes, there is no coherent musical thought. I've never seen a drum corps show so weird that it's frustrated me, but BD is getting there.

Hmm...

Well, if the Cadets decided to "embrace the cheese", I guess BD has decided to "embrace the cacophony". It's brilliantly executed cacophony, but I still want the show to have more of a musical resolution than it does. The middle section of the show has definitely grown on me though. I bet they won all the visual captions tonight. Maybe not all the music ones.

Maybe their intention here is not getting a loud ovation, but introspect and thought. Interesting concept I know... :worthy:

i can imagine a few of those thoughts and they're not pleasant.

maybe the introspect and thought they're trying to evoke is how absurd the judging sheets are in relation to entertainment value?

Why does BD get musical credit when all they do is play loud. I find no musical effect in this show and that alone should put them way behind the other top corps. Music effect should constitute playing musically and the hornline didn't play anything below a F. I feel like they are yelling at me the hole show and just want it to stop.

If this show wins which it probably will for some reason unexplanable to me, it does not leave a good taste in my mouth for the future of DCI.

Amen. LOUD NOISES!!!!

And welcome to WGI my friend, the future of DCI.

Give the cavies a better horn line and clean up those feet and BD wouldn't stand a chance. BORING I say BORING. Obviously I need to be taught boring to understand its complex nature.