The World Series of Drum Corps

everyone #####ed about photos because Jolesch has a monopoly on the activity. recordings, no, not so much, and i have guard connections too

Ok if you hear it or not my friend its there. Maybe we run in different circles. I have sat on a WGI board so I can tell you its an issue that has to be delt with almost every year

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it wasn't supposed to "get out" then how did it "get out?"

You say you have a source in the G7? Did they provide you with this thinking you would keep it to yourself? If so, seems like a pretty big breach of trust on your part. But it seems from your posts that your "source" did not care if it got out or not. If they are part of a G7 corps, then why wouldn't they want this to stay private?

I'm not trying to attack you Jeff, I would just like to know the answers to these questions, as I think it would clear up some of the issues (at least in my mind).

I don't know how it got out either time.

last time i got texts saying #### was breaking Indy, 2 phone calls, and email from an address that wouldn't accept return email, but i got the proposal power point.

this time....well, my business fax number is on my facebook page, and lo and behold a fax came across with no return fax number on the papers. trust me I looked. I did made some calls/emails after getting said fax, and when I finally got home, got the actual text up after forwarding the document out via email ( i scanned it in).

I'm pretty sure how I got the original one. no clue on this one. i mean 99% of my drum corps sources don't fax me things. the 1% that does is my Dad, and I'm way better connected than he is :tongue:

edit:my G7 source had no idea this was coming BTW

Edited by Jeff Ream

Ok if you hear it or not my friend its there. Maybe we run in different circles. I have sat on a WGI board so I can tell you its an issue that has to be delt with almost every year

that's cool. i think some give and take could and should happen. but, IMO, sometimes when "artists" try to run business, they #### it up worse.

last time i got texts saying #### was breaking Indy, 2 phone calls, and email from an address that wouldn't accept return email, but i got the proposal power point.

this time....well, my business fax number is on my facebook page, and lo and behold a fax came across with no return fax number on the papers. trust me I looked. I did made some calls/emails after getting said fax, and when I finally got home, got the actual text up after forwarding the document out via email ( i scanned it in).

I'm pretty sure how I got the original one. no clue on this one. i mean 99% of my drum corps sources don't fax me things. the 1% that does is my Dad, and I'm way better connected than he is :worthy:

What a story!.... that is very confusing.

So someone anonymously submitted the document to you? Wow! :tongue:

It's almost like there's a mole within the G7..... I wonder how much dissent is happening within the corps themselves.

So this has basically shaped DCI week. Any chance of Blue Stars upsetting SCV or moving up in the rankings? Doesn't look like it will happen now. I can only hope...just hope, that if it is so deserved and the Blue Stars knock one #### of a show out of Lucas Oil on Saturday night, that the judges do the right thing and reward them; regardless of who is in the G7.

The way this thing is looking, none of the non-biggies will ever stand a chance of moving up in the rankings with this new system. Pretty sad.

I'm pretty sure how I got the original one. no clue on this one. i mean 99% of my drum corps sources don't fax me things. the 1% that does is my Dad, and I'm way better connected than he is :tongue:

That doesn't sound like we have any guarantee of authenticity. Even if what you received is accurate, we have no idea who leaked it and for what purposes. It seems pretty clear that whoever sent you the document knew you would be posting it here.

So this has basically shaped DCI week. Any chance of Blue Stars upsetting SCV or moving up in the rankings? Doesn't look like it will happen now. I can only hope...just hope, that if it is so deserved and the Blue Stars knock one h**l of a show out of Lucas Oil on Saturday night, that the judges do the right thing and reward them; regardless of who is in the G7.

The way this thing is looking, none of the non-biggies will ever stand a chance of moving up in the rankings with this new system. Pretty sad.

As I wrote else where, I hope the judges have not been strong armed with the threat of being black balled from other marching/color guard/band/marcing arts events the G7 have influence over or control the hiring of judges for.

I hope the non G7 coprs and DCI administration have the balls not to continue to be bullied by the G7 intimadators. This has been going on for way to long and it is about time they were stood up to. The only way to deal with a greedy bully is to give it right back, call a spade a spade and not be afraid to calll their bluff. Bullies work from a place of fear and anger. DCI and non G7 corps, please dont fall into their trap and stand firm.

or losses.

say for whatever reason, the Navy needs their stadium...the WSODC is ####ed...and probably will have already spent money on it.

one show losing money can really hurt

True, but by the same token, couldn't DCI be hurt where they have multiyear stadium deals for shows that were priced assuming the G7 would be there? We know they had a multiyear deal going forward for Lucas Oil. It's possible there are out clauses for just such an eventuality, though.

What a story!.... that is very confusing.

So someone anonymously submitted the document to you? Wow! :tongue:

It's almost like there's a mole within the G7..... I wonder how much dissent is happening within the corps themselves.

well...it's proven if it's big enough, i'll get it out there. I leaked the DCA proposal to add amps a few years ago, and I covered the Five Star Brass/HERCO lawsuit that same year when Hershey kicked out drum corps.

i have my theories and suspicions, but hey, if i get it and i can verify it, i'll publish it. Call me Reamward or Reamstein