The World Series of Drum Corps

Fogetaboudit. It's not going to happen. The G7 are NOT going to compete, or exhibit, with DCI in any show, anywhere, any time.

If you were a non-G7 director would you want to share the field with the G7 primadonas?

[citation needed]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No... they would NOT get paid what a normal DCI corps would get paid. The whole idea behind setting up different shows where only they preform at is so they get to run away with the entire profits of the show and not share it with DCI or any other non g7 corps.

or losses.

say for whatever reason, the Navy needs their stadium...the WSODC is ####ed...and probably will have already spent money on it.

one show losing money can really hurt

Youre right and many WGI participants are fed up with that process. So maybe it is time for a change..lol

odd. i've not heard one iota of complaints from this issue...except from groups whose staff/directors are tied to G7 units

honestly...the kids and staff should be left out of it and focus on their jobs this week. i question a director's intelligence if he even brings it up to his troops this week.

I don't think a director or good staff person would. But #### do get around pretty good and hard for the members not to talk about it........

[citation needed]

This is an opinion board, not a public Wiki site, so no citation is needed.

But I understand your curiosity of my sources; I do the same.

My sources will remain un-named, but are real DCI representatives and corps directors.

First hand, from the horse's mouth.

odd. i've not heard one iota of complaints from this issue...except from groups whose staff/directors are tied to G7 units

In WGI ? are you kidding? Its a hot topic all the time. Maybe because you have some insight to percussion.. But with guards it's been huge, with photos as well as recordings of performances.

ell, I dont think it was supposed to get out.

but it did yet again.

someone even asked me why I put it up in my name...my reply:

"what the ####...am I supposed to be afraid they won't sell me tickets anymore? ########, they'll probably flood my email inbox with even more stuff"

If it wasn't supposed to "get out" then how did it "get out?"

You say you have a source in the G7? Did they provide you with this thinking you would keep it to yourself? If so, seems like a pretty big breach of trust on your part. But it seems from your posts that your "source" did not care if it got out or not. If they are part of a G7 corps, then why wouldn't they want this to stay private?

I'm not trying to attack you Jeff, I would just like to know the answers to these questions, as I think it would clear up some of the issues (at least in my mind).

In WGI ? are you kidding? Its a hot topic all the time. Maybe because you have some insight to percussion.. But with guards it's been huge, with photos as well as recordings of performances.

everyone #####ed about photos because Jolesch has a monopoly on the activity. recordings, no, not so much, and i have guard connections too