Dan Acheson contract renewed as DCI Executive Director

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gives me a really good idea for a show --what were the names of the original 'Siamese Twins' - like back in the late 1800's?

Must do research...

Famed twins, Chang and Eng Bunker, were born in Siam (now Thailand) in the early 1800's, although they eventually settled in the United States. As they traveled the world, they became known as "the Siamese twins."

BE NICE :thumbup:

Famed twins, Chang and Eng Bunker, were born in Siam (now Thailand) in the early 1800's, although they eventually settled in the United States. As they traveled the world, they became known as "the Siamese twins."

There was a Singaporean musical called Chang & Eng about these conjoined twins, first produced in 1997. The following year saw another musical about conjoined twins in the U.S.: Side Show, concerning the Hilton sisters, which was up for some Tony awards. It has since been produced by a fair number of regional theatres.

But has Dan accepted?

Whether you think he's done a good job or not, isn't 14 years is a little too long for someone to be the head of DCI?

Good, experienced leadership is hard to find ... Especially since most people in their right mind wouldn't take the job.

I say, more power to Dan, not only for the job he does, but for wanting to do it in the first place.

It is a great day for DCI ! Dan comes from the ranks and understands all sides of DCI . He marched , he taught and he was a director . 14 years or 30 years is NOT too long if the person is doing a great job and achieving the goals and directives laid out by the Board . If i had to pick one person i trusted with moving DCI into the future with unity it is Dan ! There are still tough roads ahead and much to be discussed as it relates to the business of DCI . The one thing that is not an issue is Dan and his ability to bring people together for the common good . Maybe now , The Directors can find the common ground and build on the needs that are important to continue DCI and the services it provides . Royer, Jones , Warren , Bonfiglio, Howard , Did just that in the beginning . They some how managed to find the common ground and build on that foundation and i believe with Dan's leadership todays group of directors can do the same in todays DCI .This is a positive step in that direction . Wish them the very best for success !

He has also been a parent of a marching member- his daughter was in the Colts color guard.

Congratulations Dan! I am happy that you are running DCI.

Maybe I've totally mistaken who the others really are, though. I have to say, I'm disappointed in my alma mater (Crown) and SCV for their involvement. I expected better.

Which is exactly how I feel about Cavies and Phantom--I expected better, too. Cavies seem to have straddled the fence a bit on this, which is also disappointing. I keep expecting (hoping?) either or both corps will wake up and say, We were misquoted. Count us out.