THe OFFICIAL "Congratuations to Blue Devils" Thread

While I am a blatantly, biased Cavalier :thumbup: partisan, destroying BD would adversely affect the entire Drum Corps activity. (OMG, I hate using the word "activity"). Defeat them in competition? YESSSSSS!

Destroy (?) them? NEVER! For they embody both the Light & the Dark sides of Drum Corps. To lose them would be the equivalent of the dissolution of Madison, Boston, Phantom, and most of all The Cadets & The Cavaliers. It would be the End. So march on, Devils! Without you what goals would we have? I may not like you, Concord, but my shako is off in respect of your accomplishments! :sad:

:thumbup:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding - I AM sorry! My Posts discredited myself and may have negatively affected your perceptions of The Cavaliers, who are MUCH better Sportsmen than I.

Well I did understand your opinion..just was way over the top....as far as a Negative perception of Cavaliers? NAw...I also am a brotherI just stay undercover with everything.so i can voice a few opinions .

Also....lol............might come out on CNN......lol

back in 07, full retreat at finals, once the Cadets were announced as 2nd place, BD went crazy (that's fine), but then they started yelling things over the line that were taunting, rude and disrespectful. ever since then, i have had a hard time respecting the organization and the members. i appreciate what they are doing artistically and you can't deny their success, but it will take me a while to get over that...

Funny, In 2007 I was there with three other camera persons and we did NOT HEAR ANY taunting or rude remarks. I also have the videos and there is no evidence of disrespectful behavior. What I witnessed and documented on tape was a lot of happy people... everyone of them. They didn't even know we were next to them. Our cameras were ON the field during the whole retreat, not the side lines. You're welcome to come by our studios and review the 15 hours of footage we shot that day and see for yourself.

I can't explain bad behavior if one person did it but the idea that many did this is fabrication.

BTW... Good Job Blue Devils! I am proud to produce your next Tour DVD (my 7th production in 11 years).

15!

P.S. What happens when you stuff 1000 corps members into a stadium during a tornado warning? ...They mingle and chat with each other because they have friends in other corps. :)

BTW... Good Job Blue Devils! I am proud to produce your next Tour DVD (my 7th production in 11 years).

15!

WiFi Stealer!

but now i feel like maybe i can have a change of heart.

WOW, if you're still holding onto a grudge against some kids who perhaps were out of line and didn't win with respect then perhaps you should be looking through the mirror darkly. Sorry but you gotta let it go and look at the 2007 BDA corps doesn't define an organization because a few kids made some inappropriate comments after scores were announced.

Just goes to show how quick society is to put a good thing down because of a few disrespectful comments. Whatever...

May I be the first to offer my congratulations to the performers on your 14th Drum Corps International victory ... and to the entire Blue Devils organization for the 16th Drum Corps International title for your organization.

You guys just blew me away (or "blue" me away ;-) with a) your show design, b) your performance level, and c) your friendliness and professionalism during the times I spoke with your performers this year.

There might be a lot of "BD Haters" out there, but none of them can argue the fact of your success, both on the field, and off the field.

Thank you for an entertaining year ... sorry ... an entertaining 54 years!!!

Congrats to BD and to TS and JM.

I post twice a year so here goes. Congratulations to both the Blue Devil A and B Corps for another amazing year. I have watched the corps since 1980, marched in the corps from 1985-1987 and have cheered them on for many years since. I HATE jazz (I know, sacrilege) and could not believe the amazing sights and sounds that came off the field this year. It was exciting, it was bizarre and it worked because the performers executed and made it look so easy. Congratulations to the Blue Devils staff for following their hearts and talents in creating something that stirred up controversy, discussion and will no doubt be talked about for years to come. Whether you loved the show (or hated it) the content was provocative, the youngsters were over the top talented and the 2010 Blue Devils will forever be remembered as "the" corps from 2010 that made the activity look at itself and question the status quo. This was a year of INCREDIBLE groups, I was blown away by the talent fielded by so many corps. The competition was worthy, unfortunately many of the fans were not.

I post twice a year so here goes. Congratulations to both the Blue Devil A and B Corps for another amazing year. I have watched the corps since 1980, marched in the corps from 1985-1987 and have cheered them on for many years since. I HATE jazz (I know, sacrilege) and could not believe the amazing sights and sounds that came off the field this year. It was exciting, it was bizarre and it worked because the performers executed and made it look so easy. Congratulations to the Blue Devils staff for following their hearts and talents in creating something that stirred up controversy, discussion and will no doubt be talked about for years to come. Whether you loved the show (or hated it) the content was provocative, the youngsters were over the top talented and the 2010 Blue Devils will forever be remembered as "the" corps from 2010 that made the activity look at itself and question the status quo. This was a year of INCREDIBLE groups, I was blown away by the talent fielded by so many corps. The competition was worthy, unfortunately many of the fans were not.

+1 :thumbup:

:thumbup:

G