Which 2010 show did you change your opinion on the most?

Every year I seem to find a show that on first view (live or on video) I simply don't care for, but over the course of the season really grows on me.

This year the show that really grew on me was Boston's "Thy Kingdom Come". On my first viewing, which was live in June, I just didn't care for it. However, by season's end it ranked in my top 5 personal favorites.

Anyone else have a show that really changed your opinion either way?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cavaliers show.

I watched it probably a good 10 or 12 times on the FN and it never really registered with me. It seemed overdone and cluttered.

As the season progressed I started to understand it more little by little.

However, it didn't become one of my many favorites this year until I saw it live.

Edited: I can't spell!

Edited by sax1210

When I first heard the concept for 'triple crown' I wanted to hate it- it seemed so cheesy. Stupid Horses.

Only made it worse that the ###### corps performed the h*** out of it and it is one of my top 2 shows from that year (tied for first with 'Criminal').

great job, CC

Phantom Regiment. I thought it was entirely too tame when I first saw it, but it really grew on me as the season went on. I think they must have fixed some balance issues from Kalamazoo as well, because initially, I did not enjoy their hornline sound. Overall, it was my favorite show at season's end!

When I first heard the concept for 'triple crown' I wanted to hate it- it seemed so cheesy. Stupid Horses.

Only made it worse that the ###### corps performed the h*** out of it and it is one of my top 2 shows from that year (tied for first with 'Criminal').

great job, CC

Which 2010 show did you change your opinion on the most?

Hehe.

Madison. Reading all the great reviews on here, I just didn't get what all the "throwing babies" was about after watching on FN. I understand the corps has a great hx or so I've read, but as a noobie that really doesn't mean anything to me. BUT, watching the show live, WOW, it made me smile a big cheesey grin on the inside.

I was severely anti-BD until I saw it in person in Murfreesboro and fell in love with it. Cavies won me over in Allentown as did Boston.

As for shows I could not get into..SCV. The 1st SCV show I have not liked...well, ever!

SCV. Saw it online and hated it. Saw it live and thought it was brilliant.

It's a shame I didn't get to see BD live this summer, because seeing the show live might have changed my opinion similarly.

I didn't get to watch too many shows after performing, but one show I did get to see in mid July or so and again at Quarterfinals was Phantom Regiment, and the improvements made in that show blew me away. I was told that the show I saw in Kansas City was not, in the members' eyes, a strong performance, and it had hardly an impression on me. But at Quarterfinals even though I sat on the side 2 10 yard line, I could tell that the show had become much more cohesive and powerful. The intro and outro were especially chilling. Big props to them.

Madison. Reading all the great reviews on here, I just didn't get what all the "throwing babies" was about after watching on FN. I understand the corps has a great hx or so I've read, but as a noobie that really doesn't mean anything to me. BUT, watching the show live, WOW, it made me smile a big cheesey grin on the inside.

THIS!