Scranton show

well you made my point. it's just your opinion. BTW............ i'm an empire loyalist.

Fair enough. In my OPINION Empire did not have a bad night that night.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For answers to an important matter, the Glider Diner is right across the street from the back bleachers of the stadium. Best gravy fries ever. When my high school band play at Scranton, I usually go across the street during third quarter break to snag some.

For answers to an important matter, the Glider Diner is right across the street from the back bleachers of the stadium. Best gravy fries ever. When my high school band play at Scranton, I usually go across the street during third quarter break to snag some.

Many thanks for the diner info. We're leaving for Scranton in about ten minutes and we're aiming directly for the Glider Diner. 'Course, we won't be getting there until around 7:00, but hopefully they'll wait for us.

Andy

He would wear his WWPD shirt in the lot on Saturday.

Does he have one?.

Wouldn't it say WWID? :tongue:

Many thanks for the diner info. We're leaving for Scranton in about ten minutes and we're aiming directly for the Glider Diner. 'Course, we won't be getting there until around 7:00, but hopefully they'll wait for us.

Andy

Not the battle of corps but diners..

My pick in Scraton is "Chicks" on Moosic St

Pete

IIRC, Scranton was to have been the only one. So... no.

Yes, Scranton WAS to have been my only show, however my boss made me an offer I could not refuse. So true, my only veiw of this year"s programs on the field will likely be via the few YouTube postings and a retired friend who is a fanatic and showed me phone video of Cabs, Hurcs, Bucs and Bush. Certainly not enough for a fair read, but enough to get an idea of where things stand. And I follow the caption head-to-head breakdowns. Because of this lack of access, I try to keep my comments as broad generalizations based on what little I have observed and in response to postings where I just cannot resist responding. Sometimes I fail. This however should not mean that I should not express my opinion. Perhaps though I should paint with broader, softer strokes. I am still trying to arrange to be at the show. If not...Best of Luck to all!

BTW, my predictions:

Bucs

Hurcs

Empire

Cabs

Bush

Bucs by about 3 points, caption sweep ('cept guard). Sound familiar?

VOReason......I would love to sit next to you at the ONE show you MIGHT be at.

I have gone to Rochester, Hornell, Jamestown, Cicero and heading to Scranton tomorrow. Empire's show is amazing and the crowd has LOVED them at every show I have been at.

VOReason......I would love to sit next to you at the ONE show you MIGHT be at.

I have gone to Rochester, Hornell, Jamestown, Cicero and heading to Scranton tomorrow. Empire's show is amazing and the crowd has LOVED them at every show I have been at.

but do you think they need some cleaning? is percussion & marching a problem? it is according to people i have talked to. i hope they get it all straitened out cause i'm pulling for them in a big way!!!

Don.......I am only a "fan" and not an expert. I wish I was. LOL That is why I want to sit next to VOReason so he can enlighten me and teach me a thing or two about drum corps.

Is Empire perfect? Of course not. But I love their show this year. They are very entertaining and the crowd has loved them at every show I have been at. I am positive that they will be ready to play come labor day weekend.

Don't anybody count them out :)

Don.......I am only a "fan" and not an expert. I wish I was. LOL That is why I want to sit next to VOReason so he can enlighten me and teach me a thing or two about drum corps.

Is Empire perfect? Of course not. But I love their show this year. They are very entertaining and the crowd has loved them at every show I have been at. I am positive that they will be ready to play come labor day weekend.

Don't anybody count them out :)

yeah VOReason is a hoot. i enjoy his comentary. empires book may be the best in DCA or even DCI. but i do know from people very close to them that they need to kick it up a notch. i would love nothing better then to see them dethrone the bucs. i hope they get it together. i for one will not count them out.