Madison Scouts 2011

This is what I remember Chris posting. Thanks for the reminder!

Mini update from Madison Scouts via Facebook postings on Aug. 23 in response to questions:

We are continuing to try and secure the sync rights licensing in time for the DVD/BluRay release. I'm not sure there's much the fans can do about this.

August 23 at 8:07am

Madison Scouts APDs or audio downloads are fine as there are no issues on any audio-only products in regards to licensing. When watching a video of the show on the Fan Network, the audio is currently muted during ESOM closer. This is the issue of "sync rights"....audio synchronized with some type of video presentation.

August 23 at 10:19am

For those who are not a fan of the closer..... chances are they were part of the crowd that was standing up well with 30 seconds left into the show. Just Sayin

I sat down front and when I turned around, I could'nt believe it. No one around was sitting.

Legendary!

Yes, there were alot of people in the stands Thursday. More than I expected. It was pretty SWEET!

Edited by thirdcoast
  • Like 2

For those who are not a fan of the closer..... chances are they were part of the crowd that was standing up well with 30 seconds left into the show. Just Sayin

I saw them in allentown, and although alot of people around me stood, my brother and I didn't feel the urge to stand and lucky for us we were in the first row of the upper deck that they sell, so there was noone standing in front of us to block our view.

If I had been behind people that stood I would have been forced to stand in order to see the show and not because I had wanted to. So if I had been at finals and standing it wouldn't have been by choice, but only because I wanted to be able to see what I had paid to see.

• Like 6

I saw them in allentown, and although alot of people around me stood, my brother and I didn't feel the urge to stand and lucky for us we were in the first row of the upper deck that they sell, so there was noone standing in front of us to block our view.

If I had been behind people that stood I would have been forced to stand in order to see the show and not because I had wanted to. So if I had been at finals and standing it wouldn't have been by choice, but only because I wanted to be able to see what I had paid to see.

:rolleyes:

I wonder how many Scouts alum go on "Bluecoats 2011" and explain how they didn't feel your corps deserved a standing ovation but of course would've stood up if they were forced to. Must've felt great sharing that.

• Like 6

So, that doesn't explain why nearly everyone in my eyeline at Semi-finals was out of their seat when Madison started coming out of the tunnel. No need to stand to see the end of the show - because it hadn't even started yet. (My eye-line was from the top row of the 200 section).

• Like 4

Standard response from homers of corps who score higher but don't generate anywhere the same crowd response. Expected, but still kind of sad.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 4

Ugh... Gawd some things will never change. Here's hoping at some time in the near future Scouts fans realize this is a public board regardless of what you title the thread. You want blind homerism free of dissenting opinion, I suggest you lobby the Scouts to put a alumni forum on their website, there was absolutely nothing about Bluecoats88 post that was uncalled for, sorry it didn't resonate with your inaccurate world view that everyone finds the Scouts amazing.

• Like 5