Pioneer

Whats next? Duh, 2011. Great job 2010 PIONEER members. Here is a solution for you all, instead of being a armchair staff member.

Opener- Crown Imperial

Concert/ Drum solo- Niner Two

Ending-GREENSLEEVES!

Tag-?

You all need a vehicle to drive, why not? People would eat it up. Need any help? I would love to help out if needed.

Just ask, Id like to get involved somewhere.

I think the corps made major strides. The next step is to continue with modifications show wise, change and or augment a few staff positions and honestly have Roman do what he does best and deal with logistics and funding. Let the staff do thier job as well as the designers.

I heard there were some transportation issues that they need to solve but everyone goes through that. The corps unfortunately never got clean and the the show never got the produced look that most most other do. I understand from reading that no male color guard is allowed. They need to change that and really go after a full corps.

Winner. Up until this year, there was quite a bit of restriction in terms of style. Even this year, when they ventured into different territory, the show reflected HEAVILY on the corps image. Breaking the mold here involves a lot more than just breaking away from a certain style of music, it involves breaking away from the entire image (not behind the scenes, as you obviously want to maintain the integrity of traditions) - something I'm sure Roman isn't ready to do.

I'm sure the corps prayer is dear to the members' hearts, but I'll be honest with you, hearing that prayer recited in the show came across to me as, "we know we're a last place corps, but that's ok because it's all about the experience." Hearing people clap for it made me cringe even more, because it seemed like such an insincere sense of encouragement to me.

If those words in the corps prayer are true, then it makes me wonder why the supporters on these boards care so much about their placement and keep on commenting about how Pioneer should be beating (insert corps here).

Bottom line: If it's REALLY about the experience and just letting members have a good summer and learn a few things, change nothing; if people are going to keep questioning why they don't place higher, then the entire design and performance quality mentality needs to be revisited, and the people who are currently making those decisions should take a back seat, as it's obviously not producing any results.

Go ahead and flame me for this... that's fine. I just feel like if people are really going to keep placing emphasis on why this corps doesn't place better, the answer is simple. If placement is really not a concern, as has been stated, then I'm not sure why we keep having these discussions, as many members have already come to Pioneer's support by saying how great of an experience they've had with the organization.

Why comment then?

i think the director also needs to allow the staff to be creative and do their jobs, and loosen the reins a little...and get the kids better vehciles to travel on. doing the southern tour with no AC is, IMO, stupid.

I am sure he planned to have the AC go out just to see how hot it would get on the bus @@@@ happens and you do the best you can at the time I remeber a sheet of paper come out of the DCM office called winners vs Losers wish I could find it, that summed up there is always a silver lining in any problem more or less just have to look for it

no AC on a bus? wow what hardship, I marched 7 seasons with no AC on the busses, and we were lucky if the window's opened half the time.

I really admire this corps but my question is if its truly about the experience then why beat yourself up in World class. Make a new experience and have the kids feel what its like to have that recognition of placing better in a competition....which no matter how you slice it ITS ALL A COMPETITION.

Winner. Up until this year, there was quite a bit of restriction in terms of style. Even this year, when they ventured into different territory, the show reflected HEAVILY on the corps image. Breaking the mold here involves a lot more than just breaking away from a certain style of music, it involves breaking away from the entire image (not behind the scenes, as you obviously want to maintain the integrity of traditions) - something I'm sure Roman isn't ready to do.

I'm sure the corps prayer is dear to the members' hearts, but I'll be honest with you, hearing that prayer recited in the show came across to me as, "we know we're a last place corps, but that's ok because it's all about the experience." Hearing people clap for it made me cringe even more, because it seemed like such an insincere sense of encouragement to me.

If those words in the corps prayer are true, then it makes me wonder why the supporters on these boards care so much about their placement and keep on commenting about how Pioneer should be beating (insert corps here).

Bottom line: If it's REALLY about the experience and just letting members have a good summer and learn a few things, change nothing; if people are going to keep questioning why they don't place higher, then the entire design and performance quality mentality needs to be revisited, and the people who are currently making those decisions should take a back seat, as it's obviously not producing any results.

Go ahead and flame me for this... that's fine. I just feel like if people are really going to keep placing emphasis on why this corps doesn't place better, the answer is simple. If placement is really not a concern, as has been stated, then I'm not sure why we keep having these discussions, as many members have already come to Pioneer's support by saying how great of an experience they've had with the organization.

and another winner.....

Whats next? Duh, 2011. Great job 2010 PIONEER members. Here is a solution for you all, instead of being a armchair staff member.

Opener- Crown Imperial

Concert/ Drum solo- Niner Two

Ending-GREENSLEEVES!

Tag-?

You all need a vehicle to drive, why not? People would eat it up. Need any help? I would love to help out if needed.

Just ask, Id like to get involved somewhere.

Pioneer would be a perfect place for your help.

I think the corps made major strides. The next step is to continue with modifications show wise, change and or augment a few staff positions and honestly have Roman do what he does best and deal with logistics and funding. Let the staff do thier job as well as the designers.

I heard there were some transportation issues that they need to solve but everyone goes through that. The corps unfortunately never got clean and the the show never got the produced look that most most other do. I understand from reading that no male color guard is allowed. They need to change that and really go after a full corps.

As long as there is a church every Sunday requirement...Pioneer will not get a full 150 membership.

Pioneer would be a perfect place for your help.

I do have to say Tom that, ACADEMY is very intriging also. CROSSMEN too. Lots of ideas in this old brain of mine. Just need to get them down on paper one day before I get to old. Ha, ha.