Pioneer

Your right winning isnt everything but success is. Usually the one who says that phrase LOST ALOT...sorry. You cant keep getting beat up over and over and over and not change something. How many times can you bounce back..how many times can you lose people, how many times can you say it doesnt matter, how many times can you hear IN LAST PLACE, I love this corps I really do but change is needed I think...at least give the memebers !1/2 a chance. To not do so based maybe on an archaoic attitude is just selfish.

Would someone more familiar with Pioneer please inform us what corps management considers success. IOW - what does management strive for during the course of a season, is it wins, is it better scores/placement than last time or is it other things. I have no idea myself so not going to try to guess the corps beliefs on this.

As for losing, yeah started with a corps that had been inactive for a year then came back with 50+% rookies. Went a full year coming in last as we were building for the future, then few more years until we hit DCA top 10. So I'm familiar with taking lumps now while looking towards the future. Point is during the lean years, the members knew what (little) to expect but it was our business to put up with it and *bleep* anyone who told us we were wasting our time and should be with another corps or staying home. Also heard second hand that some "DC fans" thought we should have not come back as it was "emabarrassing". So IMO, who are we to say if the members are wasting their time there. Don't think you are saying it but have seen that inferred elsewhere.

OH and as far as Better Days? thats totally debateable. We all as older people love the GOOD OLE DAYS...only because we have selective memories.

Some things where better BITD regarding the activity. To me it was was more corps (regardless of talent level) so more shows and more opportunities (more members) to march. And before someone talks about the talent level, one big reason is less members to pull from the availible talent pool so *duh* the level would increase. And all that means squat if you don't live near a show or can't make the cut at a corps.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

go to open class and you wont be last. maybe first or second.

I just read through each and every one of your posts regarding this corps. I agree with some, disagree with others.

All I can say right now, as a current member, and Drum Major for the Pioneer, is that we are working towards success. We are making the changes that fans, members, and the drum corps community are wanting to see. Sure, it might not be ALL of the changes that you want to see, but we're making some.

We are ready to be competitive again, and in order to keep this corps alive, we know that we have to be.

I am hopeful that we can produce a bigger and stronger corps for this coming season, but I guess only time can tell.

Here's to 2011.

Better Every Day.

Ryan Davis

Drum Major

As long as there is a church every Sunday requirement...Pioneer will not get a full 150 membership.

Because drum corps is anti-Christian?

Because there aren't 150 God - fearing musicians under the age of 22?

What is DCI - Sodom and Gomorrah with any-key instruments?

To all the Monday morning quarterbacks on this thread. If you really want to see Pioneer improve, why not write them a check? A little more monetary support would certainly help them become more competitive

Bring back Don Allen.

To all the Monday morning quarterbacks on this thread. If you really want to see Pioneer improve, why not write them a check? A little more monetary support would certainly help them become more competitive

Ditch the hats. I know... I know...the Marines use the same style, but they're supposed to look like that. Pio looks like a cross between a cop chasing Al Capone in Chicago and an eagle scout. I don't know what to make of it.

Yes, Time for different hats.. What they are wearing now looks like the old immigrant neighborhood bands of the forties and fifties . The kids should not have to look like old men on the field

Bring back Don Allen.

Mr. Allen did a great job with Pioneer but alas, his future will no longer be with Pioneer.

Because drum corps is anti-Christian?

Because there aren't 150 God - fearing musicians under the age of 22?

What is DCI - Sodom and Gomorrah with any-key instruments?

To my knowledge drum corps is neither anti or pro any religion.

Evidently, at least since Pioneer was formed, there have not been 150 God fearing musicians joining Pioneer.

And if throwing babies is a defining point, then yes, DCI is Sodom and Gomorrah.

And finally, thank you for playing.