Pioneer

Pioneer doesn't already offer this?

Please go back a few more posts. I was citing drum corps in general, not saying which corps do or do not offer this. I was comparing drum corps to other non-profit arts oriented youth organizations and their effect on the development of young people.

Yeah, I never bought into the whole "training corps" idea. Pioneer is what Pioneer is. They are always better in their last show than they were in their first show of every season.

I also think too many people give DCP too much credit and too much blame. Frankly, we are not that important to drum corps members, staff, alumni. We are folks with a passionate interest and we love discussing this activity. That's who we are.

As far as negativity....guilty. So, don't listen. People don't have to hang out here and read this.

As far as suggestions for the corps, they would all require more capital than is most likely available for the corps at present. So let me just say this.

Proud alums of Pioneer...pay attention. Your corps could be doing a heck of a lot better. It's not the kids fault of the staff's fault or Roman's fault. It's just the way it is.

The corps needs you. Blue Stars and Madison are your models. Take back your corps and be proud that the current corps represents you. You are the history of Pioneer and it's time you stepped up with your support in a bigger way.

Alumni can support in the following ways...

Support a section of the corps with scholarships to help offset tuition for new members.

Volunteer.

Underwrite the yearly rental of charter coach buses, semis and other needed vehicles.

Tell young people about the corps. Yes, you can recruit for this corps and help fill in the holes.

Donate to help purchase new uniforms.

Feed the kids for a day.

Get involved.

How's those for starters, Murray?

Both Blue Stars...(remember when they were Div. III not so long ago?) and Madison have transformed their organizations recently...the alumni have been instrumental in this change. Look at what Troopers did to remake their image. It can be done. Will Pioneer be the next to pull this off?

Yep, they will be able to pull this off.

depends on how they do it. if it has too much melody, given DCI's current trends, it won't do well :thumbup:

Glad to see their whole rep isn't going to be an Irish theme. Interesting selections in there. New world will no doubt be compared exhaustively with 89 Phantom which is pretty much still considered the standard for that rep, but I'm sure they'll make it their own.

Plea to Roman... PLEASE LET YOUR STAFF DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT THIS SHOW UNFETTERED! YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL LOVE YOU FOR IT!