What direction will BD take in 2011?

Vinyl.... a medley of top pop/jazz songs that were originally released on vinyl.

Then again, maybe not. :tongue:

That would allow for my two favorite melodies, "Holiday for Strings" and "A Summer Place."

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tommy, with 12 foot tall pinball machines.

I would personally advise them to go mainly east, perhaps even southeast.

Going west for more than brief time will get them really wet. Quite soaked, actually. Something unadvisable, unless you are doing a reprise of Santa Clara's Le Mer show.

I hope they come north to Seattle!

The Devinyls with "I Touch Myself" - Can't wait to see the guard work on that one

Genesis - A selection from "The Laminate Lies Down On Broadway"

Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady" Featuring Stephen Tiler"

"Love Come Down" by Evelyn "Champagne" King. Ok. Tenuous but try to keep that cork in the bottle.

They could steal from Madison for "MacArthur Parquet" :tongue:

The Devinyls with "I Touch Myself" - Can't wait to see the guard work on that one

Genesis - A selection from "The Laminate Lies Down On Broadway"

Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady" Featuring Stephen Tiler"

"Love Come Down" by Evelyn "Champagne" King. Ok. Tenuous but try to keep that cork in the bottle.

They could steal from Madison for "MacArthur Parquet" :blink:

:tongue::worthy::music::shutup:

That would allow for my two favorite melodies, "Holiday for Strings" and "A Summer Place."

"Holiday For Strings" is a great tune.

I like the Glenn Miller swing version.

So right! It's actually amusing to watch! :tongue:

You don't see it as an issue that the majority of the fans just didn't get it? I think you are being very short-sighted. In order to grow the activity we need to get the "fans" (not just BD fans) excited about drum corps. I loved the show (BD), but I am in the minority. I was in the crowd in Indy and I saw the crowd. If you didn't notice it, you were not looking. It really bothered me when I saw a BD staffer trying to get the crowd on their feet. Should they of had to encourage them to react?

Engaging the crowd (Madison) is what will grow the activity. Isn't it possible that the people you call "haters" actually love the activity. I brought non-drum corps people to a show this summer and they commented that BD just lost them. BD did not engage the crowd. If drum corps does not make a concerted effort to engage the crowd, we will become an even smaller niche activity. Is this what we want?

You can call me a BD "hater", but it wouldn't be true. But what I am even more is a lover of drum corps.

You don't see it as an issue that the majority of the fans just didn't get it? I think you are being very short-sighted. In order to grow the activity we need to get the "fans" (not just BD fans) excited about drum corps. I loved the show (BD), but I am in the minority. I was in the crowd in Indy and I saw the crowd. If you didn't notice it, you were not looking. It really bothered me when I saw a BD staffer trying to get the crowd on their feet. Should they of had to encourage them to react?

Engaging the crowd (Madison) is what will grow the activity. Isn't it possible that the people you call "haters" actually love the activity. I brought non-drum corps people to a show this summer and they commented that BD just lost them. BD did not engage the crowd. If drum corps does not make a concerted effort to engage the crowd, we will become an even smaller niche activity. Is this what we want?

You can call me a BD "hater", but it wouldn't be true. But what I am even more is a lover of drum corps.

Hear, hear!

Eh, my girlfriend loved and understood BD in Atlanta, and she knows nothing of drum corps. There is no magical formula for captivation. I sincerly believe it is not the job of the DCI champion to be accessible; it is to perform to the highest level with the best show. That's why Madison is there; to give accessible entertainment to the masses.

I do find it interesting that so many people on here want drum corps to be more distinct and unique, but at the same time say they should be more accessible, which to me implies become more homogenized. I don't think you can have both.