Kidsgrove Scouts got hosed!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. I'm sorry but I must make a comment.

First, I thought everone performed well last night. I think the ks did an awesome job. But the did lack.

I think there brass was amazing and should have been higher. Ver close to hurcs and cabs. Marching was also good but just because they move a lot does not mean they execute it on a high level. The do look great marching but Hurcs also move a lot on that field and we as spectators can't say one show moves more than the other because they both move.

Ks color guard and percussion is in my opinion why they are not higher. The color guard was good but no where close to Hurcs. Sorry. The percussion was ok. Once again. Nothing that was a wow factor. Both sections performed well, bu I just believe that they didn't match up to Hurcs and Cabs. What will happen in rochester, who knows. Although deserving, I don't see DCA, having them jump 10+ points in a week.

So all in all, I think ks deserved a much better score but I don't fully agree with putting them over Hurcs and maybe Cabs.

Just my opinion.

Most of the judges have already seen all the other corps......the judges should comepare the nights performance, and score accordingly......first read BS doesn't cut it for me this late in the season. The question should have been, did the judges have the guts to give them the number they deserved?

I had Kidsgrove POINTS ahead of Bush, and could have easily taken Cabs or Hurcs.....

I was dreading the feedback I may get from this thread but I can see I am not alone here. The scouts were above and beyond expectations and yes, I was thinking that they were a competitive threat to both the Cabs and Hurcs. I have since gotten over the shock of how badly they were treated by the judges. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that last nights score was nothing more then a ( first time view) evaluation score. It is my hope that the judges give them the fair treatment they deserve come DCA weekend. That is all I ask for as a fan.

Aside from that, I am sorry for losing my cool last night. I have never had an issue with dca judges but watching them publicly slapping the scouts in the face was a tuff pill for me to swallow. The way they were treated last night was just wrong.

All the talk is fun...

...and the English get a full week of rehearsal in the meantime.

Can't wait for prelims!

Most of the judges have already seen all the other corps......the judges should comepare the nights performance, and score accordingly......first read BS doesn't cut it for me this late in the season. The question should have been, did the judges have the guts to give them the number they deserved?

I had Kidsgrove POINTS ahead of Bush, and could have easily taken Cabs or Hurcs.....

Are you telling me the judges need 2-3 shows to come up with a good score for a corps?

You would think DCA would have top quality judges on board to score a corps that they have not seen yet. Just give them the score they deserve without worrying about some corps that has been around for 100 years and how much complaining they will do.

honestly, the end zone is the last place to get a feel for music effect.

I'm with you, Donny. I was there and watched Kidsgrove from the end zone. Didn't stay to see the other corps. I did see things that can be improved with KS, but want to reserve my detail comments until I can see a recap.

UPDATE:

I looked at the recap and I agree with it save one exception. Music Effect. I thought they would be higher.

For the most part, the brass was solid. Percussion needs work. I couldn't hear much of the front ensemble, but battery was shaky in spots. In the visual caption, THESE GUYS MOVE! It may be hurting the execution, not just on the feet but in the music as well. Guard seemed to be a bit subdued.

All that being said, this corps is a welcome addition to the end of season festivities. They "get" the DCA performance model - entertain. I'm glad they're here and expect them to make waves in Rochester.

I never comment on scores.

I WAS thrilled by the KS performance.

And I was equally thrilled that the crowd enjoyed them.

I know this lifted their spirits, and helped ease the number they got. The few folks I talked to emphasized "glad to be there."

I have doubt that they "belong" in DCA. They totally get the idiom ... and sell it with fervor.

That little concentric-circle "clock-wind" thingie the percussion does is unique. Plus, IMHO, stateside visual mavens should take note of the thrilling, fast-paced feets of the Brits.

Enjoy Rachacha, all. I wish I could be there ... and see KS again.

Are you telling me the judges need 2-3 shows to come up with a good score for a corps?

NO....not at all.......the point you made was the EXACT point I was trying to make....you just said it better than I did!!! :thumbup: