Show ideas you'd want to see next year

Something about explorations and adventures of the Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider type. And this has to be the ballad. Probably one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever heard in a film score that wasn't really a big hit with me when I saw the film but man it would be a tear jerker.

That would be an awesome show! I can picture Indy running across the field as a giant circle of drill (boulder) comes rolling towards him! It'd be great!

I know the Scouts already tried a superhero show, but I would love to see the Cavaliers do Michael Giacchino's soundtrack for The Incredibles. I know it's Disney so the rights would be hard to get but if Impulse could get the rights surley the Cavaliers could. With their color guard a superhero show could be epic.

For I&E the Blue Devils did an awesome version of the Incredibles in 06.

. I'm not sure if I&E videos violate any DCP rules.

Okay here's a concept.... we take the DCI championship shows from 1975-2005 and put them in a hat and each corps draws a show and has to perform that show......with creative license to reflect their "style"

could be fun

So yeah, basically asking for ideas of what you would want to see on the field next year. Music, title, concept, whatever.

A few titles I've been thinking of

Boston Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done

Bluecoats: The Trial (since they have the police background)

I'm not sure what Boston could do with a title like that, but if they made their idea this year into a trilogy, I would be wicked happy.

Also, an entire show revolving around a trial for Bluecoats... I can dig it. There was an indoor group a while back that performed a show titled "XII" that was pretty amazing, but I would love to see this concept on the field. If there's any corps that can pull it off, it's the 'coats (see: Knockout, Criminal, etc.).

Edited by Musicman1084

Phantom doing Carmina Burana would be killer.

Blue Stars should bring back Backwoods Sideman and maybe do a Buddy Rich show.

Love to see Santa Clara get back to a more musical show.... Maybe do The Mikado.

But for the love of God.......... NO WEST SIDE STORY OR MALAGUENA FROM ANYONE!!!!!!!

Would love to hear:

Regiment playing selections from Wagner's "Die Meistersinger" and Verdi's "Aida"

Devils resurrecting some Sammy Nestico tunes

Crown doing music from "The Mission" (one of the few hornlines that would do it justice)

Blue Knights with an all Ron Nelson program (Rocky Point Holiday, Savannah River Holiday, Sonoran Desert Holiday and Aspen Jubilee)

Cadets take on "Sweeney Todd" (oh the possibilities!)

Agree with the previous poster who thought that Scouts should look into "Return to Lake Mendota". That remains one of my favorite all-time Madison shows.

Blue Devils: " ADHD: A Love Sto...Oooohhh, look, a chicken!!"

Fits with the curent musical style. :rolleyes::tongue:

Would love to hear:

Blue Knights with an all Ron Nelson program (Rocky Point Holiday, Savannah River Holiday, Sonoran Desert Holiday and Aspen Jubilee)

In 1991, Blue Knights played "Savannah River Holiday" and "Aspen Jubilee," the works sandwiching Copland's "Outdoor Overture."

Would love to hear some of michael giacchino's music out there. Star Trek and Incredibles both have some fun music.

As for a concept, i'm still wanting to see a zombie-themed show, in which over the course of the show everyone becomes infected.

Edited by AlexL

I'm not sure what Boston could do with a title like that, but if they made their idea this year into a trilogy, I would be wicked happy.

Also, an entire show revolving around a trial for Bluecoats... I can dig it. There was an indoor group a while back that performed a show titled "XII" that was pretty amazing, but I would love to see this concept on the field. If there's any corps that can pull it off, it's the 'coats (see: Knockout, Criminal, etc.).

Perhaps do music composed by composers whose first name is Will/William?

Another cool idea would be to build a show around Hamlet or MacBeth. :rolleyes: