DCW article regarding touring . . .

"...that we’re not maintaining an audience because people aren’t that interested in the classical, creative, avant-garde approach."

I wouldn't use "avante-garde" to describe anything about any drum corps show. Please....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your friends haven't heard of Brahms, or if they don't recognize "Carmen" or "Carnival of the Animals" or "Stranger in Paradise" or "Pomp and Circumstance" or "Scheherazade" when they hear it, then they've lived very sheltered lives. I can't believe that the eight 19th C. composers I listed could be more obscure as names to your friends than --to turn to classical composers of any era played in the 1972 DCI championships-- Manuel de Falla, Gustav Holst, William Walton, Modest Mussorgsky, or H. Owen Reed.

you're right!! now and then you hear a familiar "strain". it comes right after you hear 45 minutes of what sounds like repetitive brass exercises and right before the 45 minutes of what sounds like repetitive trumpet etudes. If we know this crap, the concession stands should start serving gray pou pon on there HOT DOGS

And therein lies your problem.

You assume I'm not doing anything because you can't see it (but you are a passive fan so why would you notice?)...

You assume the financial problems must stem from something besides the evidence staring us in the face...

You assume no DCI or corps "officials" pay any heed to what's said on DCP (though many take such great pains to downplay what's said here)...

You assume that doing the same things over and over again will lead to different results...

You assume you have no voice...

Ahhh, I assume you know the common definition of "assume"...

But then I would be assuming, wouldn't I?

DCP is to drum corps what corndogs are to flamingos.

DCP is to drum corps what corndogs are to flamingos.

Wonder why you waste your time on here then.

I like corndogs.

BTW, who cares whether DCP "matters"? It's such a small niche activity....how could it Not be read by those involved in the management and instruction of corps?

BTW, who cares whether DCP "matters"? It's such a small niche activity....how could it Not be read by those involved in the management and instruction of corps?

There are current staff of multiple WC corps who post here from time to time, as well as DCI staff, and whatever it is Mr Boo would qualify as. It's not clear that the G7 directors read every post in every topic (I hope they don't waste that much of their days), but I'm sure the meat of certain discussions here get back to a lot of people at a lot of corps.

This doesn't do much to help the majority of corps in reducing costs though.

ya know what? the West has had to suck it up all those years. what....4 times in 39 years?

so, and I live in PA...wah to the rest of them. They'd see a boost in attendance which...gasp...means an increase in money to them.