Renegades

On the money, Joey!

If I can share an example of what you're talking about.....

After prelims Saturday, I got into my car and made a left turn out of the parking lot onto the street next to the stadium. A police car with lights flashing came screaming down the street, and stopped a few feet from me. The police officer got out, and very politely said that I needed to go in the other direction... and then apologized to me for not having someone there right outside the parking lot to let me know that I needed to make a right turn instead of a left!

Of course, I said "no problem at all....sorry for the wrong turn"... turned the car around and moved on. But I was thinking, "man.... if this happened to me at Scranton, that officer would have put me in jail and thrown away the key." LOL.

The city of Rochester has been a wonderful, gracious host for DCA, no question.

we can caulk that one up to your celebrity status, Fran.....the officer just happened to recognize you - or your shirt......

:guinesssmilie:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can caulk that one up to your celebrity status, Fran.....the officer just happened to recognize you - or your shirt......

LOL....Saturday night, it was neither. I was off-duty.....wearing a t-shirt. With a winter coat over it. :music:

No. That's where you are wrong. A bad night doesn't equal packing up your cookies and going somewhere else. It means fighting back and proving you still have it.

This alone changed my feelings about returning for a 12th season. Thanks!

Now I can stop reading this thread.

On the money, Joey!

If I can share an example of what you're talking about.....

After prelims Saturday, I got into my car and made a left turn out of the parking lot onto the street next to the stadium. A police car with lights flashing came screaming down the street, and stopped a few feet from me. The police officer got out, and very politely said that I needed to go in the other direction... and then apologized to me for not having someone there right outside the parking lot to let me know that I needed to make a right turn instead of a left!

Of course, I said "no problem at all....sorry for the wrong turn"... turned the car around and moved on. But I was thinking, "man.... if this happened to me at Scranton, that officer would have put me in jail and thrown away the key." LOL.

The city of Rochester has been a wonderful, gracious host for DCA, no question.

LMAO, three years back we were parking in the Handicapped area where DCA officals, buses, etc now park. Flashed the HC placard as I turned off Lyell and first guard waved me thru. Second guard was talking to someone as I drove by. Hear this "HEY!!!" and I stopped and waved the placard while saying "Sorry" and thinking "Oh ####". Cops response was "Oh... had my back turned... go ahead... sorry". Always remembered to yell "Thank You" when ever a cop was directing traffic coming out of the stadium. Usually get a "You're Welcome" too.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I have nothing but great things to say regarding the Rochester Police I encountered. Paetek Park isn't exactly in the best part of town and I have yet to hear of anyone corps member, or fan for that matter, having any trouble with crime or other issues. The Police have a hard job securing our area, and yet they pull it off every year, and still manage to be poite, professional and more than willing to answer questions and direct us out of towners in the right direction. THANK YOU ROCHESTER PD!

and not only that...as far as I can tell, no one got stupid and played in the lot after finals

I have nothing but great things to say regarding the Rochester Police I encountered.

LOL..... another "police story" from the weekend....I left the Alumni show for a bit to go find some breakfast.....ended up at a Tim Horton's, my first visit to one of those places (their donuts are great!!!).

On my way back to the stadium, the officer at the end of the street moved the barrier aside so I could

get by.... I thanked him, and mentioned that I had just come from Tim Horton's.... and he (jokingly) asked me why I didn't get him a coffee!!! LOL!!!!

Saw the same officer a couple of more times that day... and he busted my chops each time. "Next time, bring back coffee".....great stuff!!!!! :thumbdown:

I'm still shivering from the 1976 DCA Championships is Rochester. Why can't we go somewhere warmer like say, Alaska?

I agree Ray..certainly Alaska might be a consideration..hey - anywhere is better than Boston for sure.

I agree Ray..certainly Alaska might be a consideration..hey - anywhere is better than Boston for sure.

OUCH !!! But,...our youngest daughter (then about 34) tried desperatly to fit in with the Boston Crowd for 2 years. NO, NADA,...NYET. If you're not born there....even a passport won't get you accepted. Tough, tough people. They missed out on a super Bari player too. Just sayin..........

Edited by melligene