What the fans want...2011

First, none of us know what "the fans" want.

What the fans want doesn't matter.

Given the abundant and startling wisdom of DCP, I find it utterly amazing that any corps manages to make a single person in the audience applaud. How *do* they do that? Programming with utter disregard for and ignorance of the audience, most corps manage to get people pretty excited about their performance. It's an un-mitigated bloody miracle.

Such a great business model.

Actually, I think it's a HORRIBLE business model.........but it seems to be the one that is used more often than not.

Given the abundant and startling wisdom of DCP, I find it utterly amazing that any corps manages to make a single person in the audience applaud. How *do* they do that? Programming with utter disregard for and ignorance of the audience, most corps manage to get people pretty excited about their performance. It's an un-mitigated bloody miracle.

Ha; exactly

First, none of us know what "the fans" want.

We know perhaps, what each of us and a few friends and acquaintances want.

We more than likely know more about what we don't want.

Here's what I want. On Thursday, at finals...with the entire day of drum corps competitions...I want an empty stadium except for me.

That's what I want. Is it practical? Is it affordable? Nope. But, in 2011, that's what I want.

And it's no more crazy than some of the other thoughts on this topic.

Yes it is, and you know it. Your just mad you didnt start this cool thread. :tongue:

I know what I want as a fan in 2011, for all DCI Drum Corps to blow me away and have a show that makes people want to go and see them LIVE. A must see product.

As one of the fans of DCI, I know what I want.

Ha; exactly

oops. i think i needed to use jimlad.gif there.

the point of my intended-to-be-sarcasm-drenched post was that quite obviously most designers *do* think the audience matters and *do* have a pretty good notion of what the audience wants (which kind of flies in the face of the contention here that what fans want is completely irrelevant and entirely indiscernible).

Yes it is, and you know it. Your just mad you didnt start this cool thread. :tongue:

I know what I want as a fan in 2011, for all DCI Drum Corps to blow me away and have a show that makes people want to go and see them LIVE. A must see product.

As one of the fans of DCI, I know what I want.

but you only know what YOU want. you CANNOT know what others want (despite the fact that we all seem to go to drumcorps shows, watch DCI dvds, listen to bootlegs, watch youtube videos of warmups. in fact if one didn't know better, one might even say we "share common interests" and "have similar tastes". but of course that's impossible --we're all living in the cone-of-silence-everyone's-tastes-are-different world of DCP audiences jimlad.gif

Actually, I think it's a HORRIBLE business model.........but it seems to be the one that is used more often than not.

I see that philosophy changing in some quarters. time will tell