saying goodbye

"Losing Fans":

"DCI" cares NOTHING about "Drum Corps Fans". The entire "Junior Drum Corps" activity (or rather whats left of it) is geared to and aimed at the MARCHING BAND movement. The numbers, and MONEY is there...

They ARE drum corps fans.

This thread is nothing but negativity. Drum corps is like lucky charms cereal. It's so sweet and will always make a lot of people happy. It's not as bad as many people want to make it out to be. I can't wait 'till next year!! :tongue:

It was asked in another thread if you could really walk away from drum corps completely. I have thought long and hard about that. I have to say yes. It has been a great ride, but the car I am in now is just not working for me. I think the shows are extremely well done, but very boring, over used keys and amps that make it hard to even hear the corps. I gave the amps a chance their first year and wasn't too fond of them but could live with it. I gave voice a chance and then heard Yowza. One more straw on the camels back. Then came the hornline doubling synths. I just can't enjoy it anymore and find that I won't be attending shows any further, and didn't at all in 2010. With that said I really can't in any sense of honesty come on here and debate the shows or their direction any longer. I will miss drum corps but I am saying goodbye to it. Also want to thank a lot of you for intelligent conversation and spirited debates. It was fun, but now it is over. I only wish you all well.

sigh... announcements like this make me cringe. I mean, do you really need to announce that you're "leaving" drum corps. Its all so dramatic... Makes it seem that you are now "too good" for drum corps or that you're "above" it some how... notice I said "drum corps" not "DCI".

Its kind of like saying... "I've seen a lot of pretty terrible movies recently and doubt that Hollywood is going in a direction that I like... so I am going to announce that I will no longer be going to the movies... ever again. I will not support movies anymore. “It leaves out the possibility that a "movie" you do have interest in will come out. I mean, its just so dramatic and over the top to say "I’m leaving drum corps for ever and ever!" Sheesh! Maybe next year a corps will do songs you'd like to hear, or one of your buddies recommends going to see a show. I mean c'mon... a bit much...

sigh... announcements like this make me cringe. I mean, do you really need to announce that you're "leaving" drum corps. Its all so dramatic... Makes it seem that you are now "too good" for drum corps or that you're "above" it some how... notice I said "drum corps" not "DCI".

Its kind of like saying... "I've seen a lot of pretty terrible movies recently and doubt that Hollywood is going in a direction that I like... so I am going to announce that I will no longer be going to the movies... ever again. I will not support movies anymore. “It leaves out the possibility that a "movie" you do have interest in will come out. I mean, its just so dramatic and over the top to say "I’m leaving drum corps for ever and ever!" Sheesh! Maybe next year a corps will do songs you'd like to hear, or one of your buddies recommends going to see a show. I mean c'mon... a bit much...

Here's what I say, He'll be back. If someone really wanted to leave drum corps, or anything for that matter, there's no need to make an "announcement" to do so. Like Nike says, JUST DO IT. But hey, just my opinion. :tongue:

Here's what I say, He'll be back. If someone really wanted to leave drum corps, or anything for that matter, there's no need to make an "announcement" to do so. Like Nike says, JUST DO IT. But hey, just my opinion. :tongue:

Yea its just a little game he plays with himself so that by the time June comes around he'll feel like a first time fan again...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :tongue::devil: :devil: :devil::laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

It was asked in another thread if you could really walk away from drum corps completely. I have thought long and hard about that. I have to say yes. It has been a great ride, but the car I am in now is just not working for me. I think the shows are extremely well done, but very boring, over used keys and amps that make it hard to even hear the corps. I gave the amps a chance their first year and wasn't too fond of them but could live with it. I gave voice a chance and then heard Yowza. One more straw on the camels back. Then came the hornline doubling synths. I just can't enjoy it anymore and find that I won't be attending shows any further, and didn't at all in 2010. With that said I really can't in any sense of honesty come on here and debate the shows or their direction any longer. I will miss drum corps but I am saying goodbye to it. Also want to thank a lot of you for intelligent conversation and spirited debates. It was fun, but now it is over. I only wish you all well.

Best of luck to you, 84skyryder. I enjoyed your thoughtful, intelligent posts while you were with us.

I keep announcing at Weight Watchers that I'm leaving drive-through windows behind...to the same result. And a month later, I announce it again. I've concluded my car has a built-in homing device paid for by Taco Bell.

Yea its just a little game he plays with himself so that by the time June comes around he'll feel like a first time fan again...

When the season finally rolls around, don't we all feel like first-time fans again?