saying goodbye

Good bye and good riddance. These threads are the epitome of fishing for an ego boost. Ugh.

Thanks. That really added a lot to the civil discourse. I'm sure everyone will be happy you took the time to share your thoughts with us. How about next time, just keep them to yourself.

Walked away from shows ca 92/93 but got the DCA albums for a few years until new supplier lost my address. Then nothing until I played around with my new Internet connection and tried a few things (including "drumcorps") in the newsgroups search function. Thanks to one of the groups (RAMD :tongue: ) I found out about a local show and went to see if I still gave enough of a crap to care. LOL, even left with the words "I may be back early" to my wife.

The two Jr shows were nice but got the itch to perform again when I realized a local Alumni-type corps actually existed.... and had non-alumni as members.... and had a rehearsal/performance schedule that would work.

Bottom line, easy to walk way.... coming back is next to impossible unless things fall in the right places.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

People can complain all they want about what we do, but I know I enjoy it, and I'm not going to stop marching till I age-out, maybe not even then.

Good for you.

Best of luck the rest of the way in your DCI career. And if you decide to keep going after that, I'm sure an all-age/DCA corps would welcome you with open arms.

Hmmmm... Call it what you like...

None of the issues you mention should or do matter to a current MM... Just saying you are barking up the wrong tree!

Doesn't mean I don't love ya bud... Always have even before I knew you! lol

Sure... pull the "I love you" card! :tongue:

It's all good. Just a little friendly bantering back and forth. :thumbup:

Good bye and good riddance. These threads are the epitome of fishing for an ego boost. Ugh.

Is rudeness really necessary? I personally have not been to a DCI show since 1990. Watched the live streaming with a dear friend in 2008. Do I miss the activity? Yes, and no. Options up here are slim to none, except for a couple of A... er... Open Class corps and Alumni Associations. What I do miss at times is the camaraderie that we shared during the long tour schedule.

I wasn't aware that DCI had set a lower age limit of 18 years old?

The original post was concerning "the kids". My post was to assert that the majority of "students" involved in DCI World Class are 18 years and older, you know, "adults".