Frank Dorrities article

D'OH!!!!!

Why did I suddenly think of Homer J Simpson?

D'OH.... D'OH... D'OH.... D'OH... :worthy:

Gad my wife is right, I AM too much of a 'toon head...... (Oh that's right, I DVR'ed "Ugly Americans" last night since it was after my beddy by time.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can one find this article? Can someone add a link please.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/content/view/7127/53/

I get a kick out of some of the criticism Frank gets on the "other" side of DCP...LOL....regarding this article and others he has written.

He's forgotten more about music and drum corps... and the role of drum corps in the overall scheme of things... than many of his critics have ever learned.

I get a kick out of some of the criticism Frank gets on the "other" side of DCP...LOL....regarding this article and others he has written.

He's forgotten more about music and drum corps... and the role of drum corps in the overall scheme of things... than many of his critics have ever learned.

Yup, it's like someone denying the existence of Bigfoot while one sneaks up behind them and goes "boo". Their perspective changes completely once they turn around......

Yup, it's like someone denying the existence of Bigfoot while one sneaks up behind them and goes "boo". Their perspective changes completely once they turn around......

Hehehe. Hey all I can say is what happens to Corps who becomes depended on Dr. Beats and Bigfoot sneaks into a rehearsal and steals them all. "Oh No! We have no Metronomes! hmmm.... Who has $ to run to a music store and buy one?.... NO ONE?!?!?!?!?!..... ####... REHEARSAL CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF METRONOME."

metrognome????? metrognome?????? ain't that a city midget?

Hehehe. Hey all I can say is what happens to Corps who becomes depended on Dr. Beats and Bigfoot sneaks into a rehearsal and steals them all. "Oh No! We have no Metronomes! hmmm.... Who has $ to run to a music store and buy one?.... NO ONE?!?!?!?!?!..... ####... REHEARSAL CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF METRONOME."

Dut should not be heard from stands. Dut should still be used as needed.

If you haven't marched, arranged, or taught a modern-day battery percussion section, then you really shouldn't speak much of it. The variables that play in to a clean attack are much different than what either a horn player might understand, or even a marching percussionist from another era could comprehend. Which is exactly why there is a strong opinion in favor of the dut from most drummers on the DCI forum about this very topic.

Most, with the exception of one to two people over there, agree that the dut should not be heard unless there is some strange effect that is intended. So, on this we can mostly all agree.

But the majority of people who say the dut shouldn't even be used at all, even unheard by the audience, are either from another era when the demands weren't the same, or are horn players, where a bad attack is much easier masked.