How much longer...

I'd appreciate it if no one ever repeated the phrase "lame and gay."

That's pretty bad, folks. I don't care if "it's someone else's words."

You don't have to perpetuate a nasty stereotype. OK?

Thanks, friends!

Edited by Ron H

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is simply a bad idea that benefits only a very few - the arrangers who aren't clever enough to produce a top-quality program without another crutch.

Shoot, I've had to write a couple of shows without benefit of that crutch called a "battery." The first show we did minimized the need for a battery and those 8-count breaks stood out in their silent glory when we performed. The past two years, I wrote with the thought in mind that we might not have a battery so the horns have to carry the whole thing. Makeshift motto: "Have horn line, will perform!"

We're not going to add A&E, even should DCA allow such an abomination in the future. Jurassic Drum Corps all the way.

Lame and happy? Lame and swell? Lame and gee whiz? LOL Sorry

I'd appreciate it if no one ever repeated the phrase "lame and gay."

That's pretty bad, folks. I don't care if "it's someone else's words."

You don't have to perpetuate a nasty stereotype. OK?

Thanks, friends!

Lame and happy? Lame and swell? Lame and gee whiz? LOL Sorry

LOLz :tongue:... Sorry. I am pretty drunk right now and that is just entertainig to me. :laughing:

Edited by Skydrummer9

Hopefully sooner rather than later. LT 5 years is my guess.

Go to BOA,

Leave Drum and Bugle Corps alone! Would anyone ever think of putting an amp with a Pipe and Drum Band? NO!!! They have been around since the fifteenth century. Hardly a change,,, why? BECAUSE THEY KNOW BETTER!!!!

So all the morons that think they should change Drum and Bugle Corps should just go to BOA and leave the HUGE majority of us in DCA to do what we know how to do. Make amazing shows with Percussion and Brass. If a mallet instrument can’t cut it on the field then they should be looking for a BETTER instrument to fit the need.

So go ahead and suspend me now from DCP like you always do,,,,

:laughing:

while i'm no fan of electronics in drum corps, let me ask those of you who marched in the 60's and 70's a question:

were you this opposed to changes then? the contra? tympani? double toms, which grew to triples? xylos?

Remember, we do have tools available due to technology we didnt have back then. I mean some of you may have been single valvers...was that second valve this evil?

change happens, even if we don't like it.

Or off the line and squads to symmetrical drill to curvalinear drill even.....

while i'm no fan of electronics in drum corps, let me ask those of you who marched in the 60's and 70's a question:

were you this opposed to changes then? the contra? tympani? double toms, which grew to triples? xylos?

Remember, we do have tools available due to technology we didnt have back then. I mean some of you may have been single valvers...was that second valve this evil?

Did you ever notice that none of the things mentioned have a plug on them?

i thought the tymps were fine as long as "CARREID" on the field. contra's were a brass instument so ok. xylo's i was opposed to. they were a band instrument. doubles and tri were percusion. some of your comparisions can be misleading. what they propose is not brass & percussion. but your right it will change and if we don't like it we can lose interest. that is our perogative.