How much longer...

The difference is I did it, not watched it

I did also my friend,,,, my dad did it,,, my granfather did it,,, no difference.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem isn't if I agree or not. I have no power. it's up to those in power. if I find myself not liking it as much, I'll go less.

I'll agree with Jeff on this. If the product isn't what I'm willing to pay for, then I simply won't pay for it any more.

As an example, I haven't attended a single DCI contest in the past seven or eight years - simply because I'm no longer entertained by the product.

It isn't that it's right or wrong; it's just that I'm not entertained by it - so why should I pay for it?

And please, don't start up with the "marketing" stuff. The real definition of marketing is NOT placing more ads. Marketing is an attempt to create an "exchange relationship." "I have a product and you have money to pay for that product." First you find out what "they" want; then you create a product that meets "their" needs or wants; and then you tell "them" that you have what they want (and are willing to pay for).

I'll agree with Jeff on this. If the product isn't what I'm willing to pay for, then I simply won't pay for it any more.

As an example, I haven't attended a single DCI contest in the past seven or eight years - simply because I'm no longer entertained by the product.

It isn't that it's right or wrong; it's just that I'm not entertained by it - so why should I pay for it?

And please, don't start up with the "marketing" stuff. The real definition of marketing is NOT placing more ads. Marketing is an attempt to create an "exchange relationship." "I have a product and you have money to pay for that product." First you find out what "they" want; then you create a product that meets "their" needs or wants; and then you tell "them" that you have what they want (and are willing to pay for).

Jeff is stating that he has "no power". That is the ultimate power, you not buying a ticket! as I stated in my previous post;

"You do have the power! We all do! DCI will never see another Penney from me, and many others that don’t like what the product is. If DCA is dumb enough to follow DCI,, then they would loose me and many many others. DCA couldn’t tolerate that kind of financial hit."

I just believe that it's wrong to make such a Fundamental change to drum corps. I'm very passionate about it also,,

Front ensemble percussion is loud enough now for me. At DCI shows, I find myself focusing on the amplified synthesized pit instead of the corps. Great if your a pit person I guess. Change away if that is the consensus. I'm aged out anyway. :devil:

Focusing on the pit can be a positive thing. Especially if what you have on the field is a bag of crap.

Focusing on the pit can be a positive thing. Especially if what you have on the field is a bag of crap.

that's funny

Front ensemble percussion is loud enough now for me.

agreed, .........................I gotta tell you, every regular season DCI contest I've attended in the last several years has been in a venue where the amplification simply wasn't needed at all,.............................If you can't hear 12, 14, 16 or so people wailing on pit percussion, you got a problem..................

Edited by Gary Matczak

agreed, .........................I gotta tell you, every regular season DCI contest I've attended in the last several years has been in a venue where the amplification simply wasn't needed at all,.............................If you can't hear 12, 14, 16 or so people wailing on pit percussion, you got a problem..................

hearing it has nothing to do with it. it's evolution. that's all that matters. just ask all the people that support it. you got it all wrong. this is all about becoming as close to a band as possible. let's all face it. the band people are taking over and that just sucks. :tongue:

that's funny

I hear ya man.