How much longer...

that's interesting. DCA dosen't either. i guess the low numbers don't want to be exposed. i can understand that.

It does not take a rocket scientist or a accounting degree to look into the stands and see empty seats.

Even when the stands appear to be full you have to take in consideration how many of the fannies in the seat are actually paid attendance and how many of them are sitting there with a wrist band.

Not all that hard to figure out.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such "back and forth sniping" is in bad form and poor taste..... just saying.

With all due respect,,, Fair play as I see it.

Ball in 50's court,,,,

This is after all a "Forum", speaking about what you believe in. :tongue:

Edited by WayBackBuc

my hunch is she read it as I did. and she has a life, so she probably hasn't been here to see it

Yeah sorry got to do the commute at some point in the day Jeff. :tongue:

How I took the comment was very simple internet forum basics. A post was quoted and responded to with insults. It appeared that the poster responding was referring to the poster being quoted, especially when using the word "you" in the very first sentence after the quote. Thus, telling Jeff, a 40 year old man to go back to "romper room" and let the adults have an intelligent conversation was insulting on many levels. People who have different thoughts on the topic aren't adults?

And the facts have been twisted repeatedly. Band people ARE drum corps people. Telling them to get out of drum corps is going to leave drum corps empty. That's one good way to really kill off the activity once and for all. Amplification and electronics HAS already been proposed in DCA. So pitying that director isn't going to do you, WBB, or anyone else any good. You're 2 years too late.

People are getting ###### off and telling others to go away for no good reason. To quote a friend from the morning of prelims in 94 as 2 drummers started beating the heck out of each other (again for no good reason) "Why can't we all just get along?"

And for the legal cracks WBB? I can tell you more legal jokes that you can research on the net tonight. Your comment was what lost me on the credibility factor because you didn't have your facts right.

Electronics in DCA:

1984: Les Cascadeurs amp their pit.

1985: Empire Statesmen use an electric guitar.

2001: Statesmen's "moving warmup" includes a live voiceover using the stadium PA system.

2003: Bushwackers use audio....over their brass warmup... of famous presidential speeches regarding the U.S. space program.

2010: Minnesota Brass uses pre-recorded Middle Eastern-style music during their setup.

There might be other examples I've missed.

Looking at the timeline, it seems to me DCI is late to this party. :tongue:

Just tweakin' you all with that last post. :tongue:

Seriously...... IMO, the cost factor on this issue is huge for DCA/all-age corps.

I'm taking an educated guess here and thinking that all-age corps can pursue other options for growing their audience without having to resort to the addition of amplification/electronics.

Like Jeff has said..... when "art" meets business, strange things can happen. But on this and other issues, I think business has to carry the day. Personally, I have always thought that we're kidding ourselves if we think drum corps... on any level, anytime... is some sort of high art form.

Edited by Fran Haring

Looking at the timeline, it seems to me DCI is late to this party. :tongue:

:tongue:

Love the way you pull these ones out Fran. Makes me smile every time. :tongue::doh:

PS ~ your cats won't have the chance to ignore the dog at least for now. :tongue:

I'm taking an educated guess here and thinking that all-age corps can pursue other options for growing their audience without having to resort to the addition of amplification/electronics.

But will the voting block agree with this?

So far the answer is yes.