If You Could Do It All Again.......

Yea, but we had CAPES! :tongue:

Yes.... I had two of them that season. :lol:

(Including the one that flew out the window of the corps' truck on the NJ Turnpike. Story for another day. LOL.)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I "had it to do over" I think I would have gone to BAC sooner and maybe stayed a little longer... (not knowing what I do know about how my life and time in DC had turned out)

No regrets though, I met Donna (my wife of 39 years) in '70 in the Renegades, got to perform with/learn from quite a few notables from the Lt Norman Princemen (in the Renegades) and if had I marched in BAC longer I wouldn't have met Donna...

Sr side? I have really enjoyed my time in the Renegades (RCA), Hurcs (Pepe, Harvey, Carmen and company) and Sunrisers. (Way to many GREAT memories and friends to list) If not for a van accident in 85 I think I would still be active with the Sunrisers.... (health permitting)

Wishing I was able to join the 2010 "Sunrisers Reunion Ensemble" AND the 2011 SRE! SO MANY of my DC heroes are (or have been) involved with making this happen. Donna and I are looking forward to seeing the 2011 version perform at the BHOF's next year! :tongue:

Tony,

The memory is always the first thing to go - Pepe didn't come to the Hurcs until mid-way through 1979.

I know...

We now return you to memory lane...

Camoflaged Kilts. :lol:

:tongue:

:tongue:

Don't laugh, Liz. Go to a Hawthorne alumni rehearsal sometime next summer. One of the bass drummers wears a camouflage kilt fairly regularly. You'll have to look really carefully to see him, however.

We did have a blast in 69.... :lol:

Yea, but we had CAPES! :tongue:

They were more like flags draped over your shoulders?!?!?! They WERE very flowing and colorful!

They were more like flags draped over your shoulders?!?!?! They WERE very flowing and colorful!

Capes. At 1981 DCA prelims/finals, Steel City decided their uniform "needed" something. They removed the top sheets from their hotelroom beds and wore them as "capes"! "We who wore hardhats and shopcoats" that year thought it was hilarious! :tongue:

Don't laugh, Liz. Go to a Hawthorne alumni rehearsal sometime next summer. One of the bass drummers wears a camouflage kilt fairly regularly. You'll have to look really carefully to see him, however.

Actually, Andy, that's Mark Porter, a contra bass player, not a bass drummer. They are often in the drill near the bass drums, so it's not hard to mistake him for one. He's in a kilt most of the time for drill rehearsals, and even wore one to the music rehearsal last Sunday as part of his Halloween costume.

4 words in there that no longer computer. Go to a rehearsal.

S'not happenin'....

Not "more like" they ACTUALLY WERE made out of flag material... LOL (one of those things one looks back on and says "well, it seemed like a good idea at the time".... :sleeping: )