If You Could Do It All Again.......

Not "more like" they ACTUALLY WERE made out of flag material... LOL (one of those things one looks back on and says "well, it seemed like a good idea at the time".... :sleeping: )

I thought they looked cool :sleeping: I liked the orange coats you guys had a few years later (when you went all "27th Lancer" on us!) :sleeping:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Andy, that's Mark Porter, a contra bass player, not a bass drummer. They are often in the drill near the bass drums, so it's not hard to mistake him for one. He's in a kilt most of the time for drill rehearsals, and even wore one to the music rehearsal last Sunday as part of his Halloween costume.

I don't know where my head has been lately, John. I knew it was Mark; I knew what he plays. I'm beginning to think that Siglow may be right - it's catchin' up with me.

I thought they looked cool :sleeping: I liked the orange coats you guys had a few years later (when you went all "27th Lancer" on us!) :sleeping:

We started using those orange tunic tops in 1981... the season after our misguided "caped adventure." LOL. Then again, our entire 1980 season was one of those "Oh well.... there's one year of my life I'll never get back" types of things. :thumbup:

I thought those tunics had more of an SCV look than a Lancer look.

Or... should I say.... SCV had more of a Sunriser look. :sleeping:

I'm with Fran, I thought the 1981 tunic tops looked more like SCV then 27th...

We started using those orange tunic tops in 1981... the season after our misguided "caped adventure." LOL. Then again, our entire 1980 season was one of those "Oh well.... there's one year of my life I'll never get back" types of things. :thumbup:

I'm with you on that one Fran...LOL

I thought those tunics had more of an SCV look than a Lancer look.

Or... should I say.... SCV had more of a Sunriser look. :sleeping:

I was having some difficulties with the tunic top and I went to more of an "Eisenhower" style top as soon as I could. (82) I could move my arms and still have the top stay in place.... (notice I didn't say anyone in the Corps was watching me just that it was more comfortable....LOL)

There is only one Corps that I wished I could have marched with,.. but didn't...." The Commandant's Own ".

The United States Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps. I'd have loved to have done a tour with them.

Other than that, no regrets.

I have a Kanstul soprano, mellophone, and baritone stencilled "The Commandant's Own".

And I am positive that the only fingerprints ever on them are MINE !!!

Right after high school in 1973, I went to a USMC recruiting station. I asked the recruiter about the Commadant's Own. He never heard of them and didn't seem interested enough to hear about them. So I joined the Army instead. If only that recruiter knew his stuff...................

Had the chance to march Garfield in '82, but stayed with Mr. Bruni. Would have been nice to make top 12, but still little regret there. Now after 28 years I am marching Statesmen, wish I could have done it sooner....

Would've like liked to have done a year or two in DCI but it was not meant to be and I marched my age out year in Sky (73). However, all in all I think I ended up where I was supposed to and enjoyed just about every minute of it.