DVD Shipping Date - Any Updates?

All products are shipping. You should be receiving them shortly.

Thanks again for your patience.

Tim

I received a replacement set of the Alumni Spectacular in today's mail.

I must admit, however, I didn't seem to have had a problem with the original set that I received way back when. Perhaps I'll play them side by side or back to back to see if there's a difference.

In any case, Tim and the troops at Box 5 certainly seem to be taking care of us extremely well!!

Andy

I was surprised to find a new set of DVDs in the mail on Friday - hadn't gotten around to watching the first set so I can't attest to the quality of the originals.

So yesterday afternoon we finally sat down and watched finals. (I never saw any of the shows completely this year, and Marce never made it to Rochester - made it only as far as Erie before having to fly home)

Awesome performances top to bottom, and awesome recordings! not a flicker to be seen, crisp video, great sound!

Box 5, is! thanks!

Got my replacement set in the mail this weekend, too.

Thank you, Box 5!!!!

From what I have seen so far of the new DVDs they are just different, not better. Sorry Box 5, strike two. Thanks for the freebee.

I did notice that the ghosting effect in the Cabs performance is no longer there, and the camera that looked more like a home video was much improved.

Something I did notice though on a few performances was that there was some audio problems now, usually coming from the pit where if it was really loud, the sound got distorted.

I haven't heard what the CD's sound like, so I can't compare the difference, but over the last few years, I haven't really been happy with the audio on the DVD's. Sounds way too tinny.

Got my replacements Saturday. Watched the Hurricanes, and it was clearly a better picture for sure. Need to watch the rest, but I am happy with the update and appreciate Box5 getting this done for us.

Sunday, so made the call to march Hurricanes again this summer. Maybe the DVD had something to do with it!! Looking forward to another crazy drum corps summer!

Got my replacements over the weekend; much better looking than my first set.

A good first effort, and some nice follow through on trying to make things right as a company. Hopefully things will be even better in 2011.

Got mine on Saturday - video is greatly improved!

Don't know how the microphone placement is decided - but it seems the pits , and also DM's are much more audible than the corps proper backfield.

Also I did not watch Empire ( on the replacement set ) , but I did notice previously that the camera right in front of the melting wicked witch is caught shifting towards Richie Price , and then quickly moves back ( albeit too late ) to the rapidly melting wicked witch.

Also on the previous set ( for me ) you could not advance to next segment , on this one i can - plus all corps play rather than having to select one at a time.