Incentives for corps experience

FTNK

I honestly don't think a $25 discount is going to be a deciding factor over which corps a kid auditions for.

It'll be "location, location, location" for some, "always wanted to march for that corps" for others and "over all financial cost" for the rest.

I think $25 is not much, but as a percent of the $150 it is far better. As far as thinking it is bad for them to "poach" experienced members from other corps, that is silly in my opinion. The last show I attended, there were judges, and scores announced at the end to tell all who won, and who did not. Because of this competition factor, trying to get members from other corps is always going to happen, and probably always has.

Compensating them to attend may not be morally or ethically the right thing to do, but it is not against any rules I know, so if you can wake up and look in the mirror and live with what you see, have at it......

That's true. But I don't really see this as a cold hearted attempt to get more revenue. Yes, its to get more revenue but not a melicious or back handed way.

What this does intice are people who auditioned for another corps and thought that wouldn't be able to audition for a different second corps if they wanted.

I agree, its not malicious. Lots of reasons why any organization, including the cadets might do this. Attract experienced talent, generate revenue, encourage thos who might have gotten cut elsewhere to give it a go, the list goes on and on. Everyone has the ability to approach these items creatively.

That's true. But I don't really see this as a cold hearted attempt to get more revenue. Yes, its to get more revenue but not a melicious or back handed way.

What this does intice are people who auditioned for another corps and thought that wouldn't be able to audition for a different second corps if they wanted.

Makes no sense to me. Anyone who would let a difference of 25.00 sway where they want to march is an idiot.

Just a suggestion to the Cadets braintrust: if you stop doing cheesy shows with poorly conceived characters you will not have to beg for members

Golly... :thumbup:

• Like 1

It costs a lot of money to audition for a corps between travel, registration and camp fees. If you don't make you are out a lot of money, I think the Cadets are just trying to help off-set the cost of kids that are planning to audition for multiple corps.

Or kids who are coming from open class or senior corps... If they were trying to "steal" the Blue Devils lead line, you wouldn't know it publicly. Plus $25 wouldn't be enough.

And the reason it's only $25 is because if you have 80 kids show up looking for this discount, that is $3000 total for the Cadets. That's one members whole tuition. That's a huge discount to the corps.

As a former member I can tell you that the Cadets are not the evil mastermind that some of you make out to be. They will not infiltrate our health care system, they are not be doing nuclear deals with Korea and they are certainly not trying to steal the tall kid from Crown's guard last year.

I agree, its not malicious. Lots of reasons why any organization, including the cadets might do this. Attract experienced talent, generate revenue, encourage thos who might have gotten cut elsewhere to give it a go, the list goes on and on. Everyone has the ability to approach these items creatively.

But they're not offering this discount just to experienced marchers, or people who have been cut elsewhere....they're offering it specifically to current auditionees of other corps.

Edited by audiodb

But they're not offering this discount just to experienced marchers, or people who have been cut elsewhere....they're offering it specifically to current auditionees of other corps.

False.... where did you read that? Because it specifically says anyone with Drum corps or Corps Audition experience. Just bring proof of where you marched or an audition packet from another corps.

So I say again it's pretty harmless just a chance to audition at the Cadets for a lower price.

...offering it specifically to current auditionees of other corps.

Well... current auditionees are among several classes of potential participants who've already invested themselves in drum corps and who might appreciate a small incentive to attend that camp. I mean, it's not like this is a Cam Newton situation. The Cadets aren't exactly handing out cash or hookers to lure some spinner away from Surf or to keep that hot pair of lips off the Spirit line.

HH