SCV 2010

Lance

Great show. Maybe not anything that stood out, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. well-rounded for sure.

I liked many aspects of it but...it still felt to me they were trying to take that music and fit it into the 2009 formula, and that music just didnt meld the same way. it was lacking that something 2009 had. I think if they had gone a different route with it, i'd like it more

Just got done watching it for the first time in HD after never having seen it live except on fan network.

This show is extraordinary. It just never stops. One idea melds into the next with perfect clarity, and there is some of the most interesting voicing I've ever heard...especially between battery and keys...and keys and horns.

The only thing I don't love about it is the last 10 seconds.

Just wondering if anybody has grown to like this who might not have at first.

It's definitely grown on me. SCV has traditionally been the only corps that I look forward to seeing, and enjoy watching over the years (I even like their 93 show, and other Dr Len era shows). Throughout much of the season I found myself pretty disinterested in their show, and even though I have colleagues who were involved with the corps last year (i.e. I REALLY wanted to like them), I struggled enjoying the show. While I still think there are some pretty obvious pacing flaws with their design (and the show, unlike Blue Devils, is not executed enough for me to overlook a design that doesn't engage me a ton from an entertainment standpoint), I have come to appreciate the show and I enjoy watching it.

Loved the drill, thought it was quite inovative but never quite got the music.... during the season that is.

However, after listening to the CDs over and over I can now say with complete confidence the music is fantastic.

I can't wait for the Blu-Ray to arrive so I can see the drill & music togther again.

Loved it - I hope they will continue the same approach. Amazing stuff.....too bad the execution wasn't top notch.

Fantastic show! Loved it during the season, and grew even more fond of it after Finals. A visual and musical breath of fresh air. Stimulating both visually and musically. Just great art!

Much, much better for me than 2009, which was too comforting for me. I don't like to feel sleepy while watching a drum corps show.