Amplification/Electronics: 2011 Season

Then perhaps you can educate me on what you meant by, "Amplified Singing to be Major Part of Cadets 2011 Show".

It means different things to different people. For me, any featuring of an amplified singing soloist for anything more than a few seconds is "major."

• Like 2

It means different things to different people. For me, any featuring of an amplified singing soloist for anything more than a few seconds is "major."

Ah.

So Cavies had a "major" use of singing last year. For you anyway.

Nice spin though.

• Like 1

Ah.

So Cavies had a "major" use of singing last year. For you anyway.

Nice spin though.

And electric guitar sound usage, yes. Did not care for that show one bit.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

And electric guitar sound usage, yes. Did not care for that show one bit.

So your intent with the original title of this thread was just to convey your definition of the word "major" as it pertains to you and not stoke an already controversial fire with no facts to back it up, right?

• Like 1

So your intent with the original title of this thread was just to convey your definition of the word "major" as it pertains to you and not stoke an already controversial fire with no facts to back it up, right?

What?

"Major" has nothing to do with proportion of time.

So then it CAN have "everything" to do with the "proportion of time" since it "means different things to different people". As YOU said.

Gee, no wonder the confusion... :thumbdown:

So then it CAN have "everything" to do with the "proportion of time" since it "means different things to different people". As YOU said.

Gee, no wonder the confusion... :thumbdown:

So you are arguing for arguing sake?

• Like 1

So 15 seconds is too much to ask for?

And you only hate amplified singing? So you have no problems at all with Garfield 84, where they were singing, or Boston 99 and 00, where they were singing, you only have problems with amplified stuff? Way to split hairs there....

Frankly, the "other half" of what he said only served to underscore the point further. He said that the "one arm tied behind your back" comment actually applied to "a whole slew of items, of which amplification was one".

But don't take my word for it....read it and weep. (Post links aren't auto-scrolling, so you may have to scroll down to post #169 manually.)

i knew you'd have it!

• Like 1

And the only thing he does with his second comment, is to confirm the first! :doh:

now, now, now, don't let facts and logic get in the way of a belief :tongue:

• Like 1