How would you have judged entertainment in 2010

You're the entertainment judge. You decide for 2010.  

105 members have voted

1. 1. If you were judging "entertainment" at finals in 2010, which of these corps would you have given an "above average" entertainment score? (You can pick more than one.)

• Blue Devils
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
    • SCV
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen
  2. 2. If you were judging "entertainment" at finals in 2010, which of these corps would you have given a "below average" entertainment score? (You can pick more than one.)

• Blue Devils
    • Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
    • SCV
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

74 members of DCP have decided that your show (and by extension...your corps) is both not entertaining and not entertaining (we think that was the reason for a two question poll). As you can tell we are all still struggling very hard with outcomes...they're not easy for us here on DCP, and they tend to tilt our world askew and keep us up at night. As a result we often hold cyber hands and imagine things differently. So.... we want you to get the message...."quit kicking our ### and get normal like we want (and you used to be)....do it or we'll keep having these polls....or worse, we'll say ni to you!"

With desdain and affection,

The People of the Poll

P.S. BTW, we looked up Kenton on Wikipedia and you're right...he did play music.....(just so you don't think we're stupid)! :blink:

• Like 2

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

74 members of DCP have decided that your show (and by extension...your corps)

" Mr. Gibbs " is on DCP ?

Who knew ?

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

74 members of DCP have decided that your show (and by extension...your corps) is both not entertaining and not entertaining (we think that was the reason for a two question poll). As you can tell we are all still struggling very hard with outcomes...they're not easy for us here on DCP, and they tend to tilt our world askew and keep us up at night. As a result we often hold cyber hands and imagine things differently. So.... we want you to get the message...."quit kicking our ### and get normal like we want (and you used to be)....do it or we'll keep having these polls....or worse, we'll say ni to you!"

The People of the Poll

P.S. BTW, we looked up Kenton on Wikipedia and you're right...he did play music.....(just so you don't think we're stupid)! :blink:

Funny! I say, "Ni"...

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

The People of the Poll

Hypothetical reply: "Dear Plan9, thank you for your interest in our program. It would be greatly appreciated if you send us a tax deductible donation of every penny of expendable income that you have so that we can continue to to provide a quality experience to our youth".

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

It's obvious that, in the world of DCP, you have a handful of die-hard fans who will trumpet BD's superiority regardless of what is put on the field. That's great; we all need our honks. But, despite these few cries of exaltation, a recent poll on DCP suggests that 2010 BD's production was not nearly as entertaining as some corps who finished down quite far in the top 12. While it's admirable that you've figured out the sheets with enough detail to kick the arses of the other corps, I'd like to suggest that you return your corps more to the middle of the bell-curve of performance acceptance among the fans. I suspect that in those moments when you're not staring at your rings and laughing out loud, you've heard that a proposal has been put forth to add an entertainment caption to the sheets. While not passed yet (and many of your honks have their doubts of both its efficacy and it's chances of being passed) it should signal a clear desire among the rest of the fan base to be able to enjoy a BD show again as they did in the decades prior. You know, the hard jazz, toe-tapping, "low-brow" stuff you used to play. The irony is that if the proposal is passed you won't have to change your singular obsession with programming to the sheets. But if it's not passed it still should be obvious that fans are tired of leaving the stands with crossed eyes and little comprehension of what your intent was.

I might also suggest a grander result of your swing "back to the middle". America is quite fat, you know, and your decision to reprogram to include fan enjoyment would go a long way towards keeping fans in their seats instead of consuming copious amounts of hot dogs and fake cheese. Just think! You could lead an effort among DCI corps to whip the fans back into shape! The combination of hot dog abstinence, involuntary toe-tapping, and wild raucous applause could shed several tons off of DCI fandom in the course of a single season!

Please continue your quest for a ring for each finger! We're all counting on your success (much to the doubt of one of your fans, in particular). But we'd sure like to, once again, enjoy the ride with you instead of reminding ourselves what "Huh?" and "What?" sound like after your shows.

With adoration and deep bows,

The majority of fans who vote on DCP

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

:rolleyes:

I see what you did there with that red negative thingy. rolleyes.gif

Remember that Jeff character? The one with 99 green pluses for no discernible reason. Well, I think he's paying cash.

Consider a green plus for me to be a vote for the little guy, the unwashed masses without the financial means to proffer acceptance among the hi-brows.

Come on, it won't hurt! Think of the children!

laughing.gif

Dear Mr. Gibbs,

It's obvious that, in the world of DCP, you have a handful of die-hard fans who will trumpet BD's superiority regardless of what is put on the field. That's great; we all need our honks. But, despite these few cries of exaltation, a recent poll on DCP suggests that 2010 BD's production was not nearly as entertaining as some corps who finished down quite far in the top 12. While it's admirable that you've figured out the sheets with enough detail to kick the arses of the other corps, I'd like to suggest that you return your corps more to the middle of the bell-curve of performance acceptance among the fans. I suspect that in those moments when you're not staring at your rings and laughing out loud, you've heard that a proposal has been put forth to add an entertainment caption to the sheets. While not passed yet (and many of your honks have their doubts of both its efficacy and it's chances of being passed) it should signal a clear desire among the rest of the fan base to be able to enjoy a BD show again as they did in the decades prior. You know, the hard jazz, toe-tapping, "low-brow" stuff you used to play. The irony is that if the proposal is passed you won't have to change your singular obsession with programming to the sheets. But if it's not passed it still should be obvious that fans are tired of leaving the stands with crossed eyes and little comprehension of what your intent was.

I might also suggest a grander result of your swing "back to the middle". America is quite fat, you know, and your decision to reprogram to include fan enjoyment would go a long way towards keeping fans in their seats instead of consuming copious amounts of hot dogs and fake cheese. Just think! You could lead an effort among DCI corps to whip the fans back into shape! The combination of hot dog abstinence, involuntary toe-tapping, and wild raucous applause could shed several tons off of DCI fandom in the course of a single season!

Please continue your quest for a ring for each finger! We're all counting on your success (much to the doubt of one of your fans, in particular). But we'd sure like to, once again, enjoy the ride with you instead of reminding ourselves what "Huh?" and "What?" sound like after your shows.

With adoration and deep bows,

The majority of fans who vote on DCP

Dear MF :blink: ,

Thank you for your concern for my organization. First of all, I can't explain Plan9, he is what I refer to as a "renegade honk". I assure you that we at BD have better "honk control" than his efforts on our part reflect. As a matter of fact, he was a no-show at our most recent honk endoctrination. In addition, he has historically scored low in our "double blind test" where we show videos of actual applause for our corps recorded way back in 1984, Mr 9 actually asked the endoctrination coach if the audience was allowed to do that. So it's no surprise that he would not recognize real "help" (your poll and passionate pleas) when he sees it.

Now concerning the poll and your very comprehensive analysis....I assure you that we here in Concord take very seriously every word that comes from DCP. Our staff are required to peruse the threads before practice/camps and every morning during our summer tour. In fact, our design team doesn't make a move without consulting the veritable cornecopia of "good ideas" that ooze from these boards. On a side note: thank you personally for the company front and 48 bar hold idea... Wayne was just wowed...has anyone done that company front thing before? He doesn't think he has the experience to pull it off, so we are planning on just doing a "loop" of one of his choppy deals (and hope no one notices). Keep those edgy ideas comin'.

I also assure you that we will take your advice on "returning to the middle of the bell curve of performance acceptance" ....I mean what's not to like about being in the middle! Also, please send me an MP3 with some of that fandangled "hard jazz, toe-tapping, "low-brow" stuff we used to play" that you referred to. I asked John and Wayne about it, but those guys have short term comprehension and suffer from disjointed phrasing. In addition, I have to tell you that "reprogramming fan enjoyment back into our shows" is going to be a hard sell with this crew. As you know, we hate the audience and would rather play to the empty seats behind us if we wouldn't be penelized for it. But I'll take that one under advisement. NOTE: In a related issue, you may not know that BD has the concession on hot dogs and fake cheese....hello McFly!

Well I have to go...yet another custodian quit on me today, His one stinkin' job was to polish our DCI Championship trophies and he's saying "I didn't reveal to him how many when I hired him"; and he's claiming carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow as well....oh, the pressures of being a DIrector!

Thanks again for your analysis of "how to be liked again". I assure you that this year we will be keeping it nice a simple as not to confuse you...believe me, we know what we're dealing with up in those stands. :winky:

Yours Truly,

D. Gibbs

• Like 1

I'm just looking at Glassmen right now and the poll is very telling. Currently 2 people found them above average while 30 people found them bellow average... (the largest spread so far)

Glassmen is corp on DCP that has few if any honks, So I figure that people voting for them are the least subjective. I'm just trying to figure out what that means...

I voted "above average" for Glassmen, and "below average" for Crown and Madison. I guess I am just weird.