What is the biggest challenge facing drum corps today?

1. Lack of enough corps that can create shows to draw big enough crowds other than the top 6, 7 or 8 (however you wanna look at it, and don't get angry with me for saying this because it's true; just look at attendance when those top corps aren't present at certain shows).

2. Gas Prices AND CORPS OVERHEAD SUCH AS BUILDINGS, COST OF PEOPLE, TRANSPORTATION COSTS

3. Cynicism.

My opinion. Hate me for it, but that's what I think.

I like like to add my vote to yours.

Especially #1, as I was just thinking about that since my favorite east coast corps Cadets won't be here in the east/midwest most of the season, and Cadets can easily carry a show. There are very few corps with STAR power and can carry a local show. I like a show with 2 top 3's, a couple of mid-range guys, and a couple of lower top 12's.

Then you can take your corps to watch DCI finals week, or take them to Disney, or Dollywood?

right.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

To echo a few others...

1. $

2. $$

3. $$$

• Like 2

I believe we need to get dcm and dce back with more local shows. Smaller shows but more of them. I live in springfield Illinois and we havent had a show here for over ten years. This year we dont even have the bloomington normal show closet one is st louis. we need more local shows and with that more corps would be created. Just my two cents.

Tom Salvatore

I believe we need to get dcm and dce back with more local shows. Smaller shows but more of them. I live in springfield Illinois and we havent had a show here for over ten years. This year we dont even have the bloomington normal show closet one is st louis. we need more local shows and with that more corps would be created. Just my two cents.

Tom Salvatore

I'll NEVER forget the Bloomington show. Our first show of the season in 2000, we were horrible (IMO), and those people out there went absolutely nuts for us anyway.

Right. Instead of using high school marching band repertoires, now we use their wind ensemble literature.

Now that's progress. :tongue:

and what are most competitive high school bands playing?

wind ensemble literature.

how do we know this? the shows we see at BOA that end up as drum corps shows the next year or two.

• Like 1