Most Anticipated Drum Corps (World Class)

363 members have voted

1. 1. What (world class) drum corps are you anticipating to see the most for the upcoming 2011 DCI season?

I am eager to see Spirit of Atlanta. The return to the original corps name is even exciting. Thats worth a ticket to me. Don't want a 1981 show but i do want some of the old attitude. Madison has almost always had an old school style so it worked for them, plus they performed well. From the Spirit camp videos, seems they are working to up their organization, and doing Harlem Nocturne fits their old kind of style and fits their 2011 show theme, I can totally see it. looking forward to SCV and Blue Stars as well.

Madison Scouts followed closely by the Crossmen. :thumbup:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

Too bad this poll is limited to WC. Then again, it's hard to be "anticipated" if you are running under the radar.

It's also on the World Class Forum. Just sayin.

I voted for Bluecoats, for obvious reasons, though I am anticipating seeing a few more corps this season.

I'm excited for Blue Knights, because they are playing First Suite in Eb. It's one of my all time favorite pieces and I feel like last year they had a great brass sound that I hope will continue into this year.

The Cavaliers, regardless of it being an odd year. I hope they can come out and bring something awesome to watch and listen to again.

Teal Sound, I got to see their show last year and was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it! I hope they keep improving and make a name for themselves in World Class.

Blue Stars, mainly because I just like them a lot. Houdini was a great show, I'm just looking for a few improvements in the details of their show design. They perform really well, I just think they can end shows better. Can't wait for whatever they bring this year!

Crossmen, I think and hope that their brass will make vast improvements over recent years.

• Like 3

Heh, it was closer to 20 years.

Yes, there were more bumps than we know. I think I am amused at how circular it was and how similar these directors are at their core... They all know how to run an organization. I'm thinking that 2007, 2008, and 2009 were transitional. Actually, 2010 was as well. It's been a bumpy few years in Cavalierland. They've weathered it well.

Yes. 2010 was very much a transitional year for them. Lots of new staff and a young corps. I am interested in seeing what they do this year too.

I'll use your approach on this one... They've changed their design team a lot... so who knows what to expect.

well...any other names on the design team and I'd agree. But these guys know Crossmen. They arent guys trying to be super creative for the sake of being super creative. they have drum corps pedigrees and did great work with the corps before.

In fact, shy of Krempasky and Thurston being back, I doubt anyone else would have excited me

• Like 3