Which corps will make the top 3 for the first time....

I agree with Stars, not so much with Boston. As an added sidenote, I hope/think SCV will be in the top 3 this year as well.

I disagree. If it's going to happen my vote is with Boston over Blue Stars. Unfortunately they will both have their work cut out for them because Madison will be solidly in the way again.

• Like 4

As I've said before, all threads like this (next corps to achieve higher placement X) should always be paired with "...and which corps is more likely to fall, in order to create that slot?"

For BS to clear 8th place, it will have to beat one of those current Top 3 achievers....oh, and hope Madison doesn't improve.

So far for 2011, hype abounds for Madison, SCV, Phantom and Cadets. (An aside: there seems to be an inverse relationship in hype: The higher the placement, the less hype there is.) Very little Crown hype. Nothing from Bloo, except their new building purchase, lol. Zero from Cavies and BD.

I know this much about BS: They have quality people on brass staff, old and new. The clips they've posted are a good sign. Everything's looking good, but make no mistake: For BS to climb, one of those other corps will also have to "stumble" a bit.

That's a more interesting question: Who's most likely to stumble?

• Like 1

As I've said before, all threads like this (next corps to achieve higher placement X) should always be paired with "...and which corps is more likely to fall, in order to create that slot?"

For BS to clear 8th place, it will have to beat one of those current Top 3 achievers....oh, and hope Madison doesn't improve.

So far for 2011, hype abounds for Madison, SCV, Phantom and Cadets. (An aside: there seems to be an inverse relationship in hype: The higher the placement, the less hype there is.) Very little Crown hype. Nothing from Bloo, except their new building purchase, lol. Zero from Cavies and BD.

I know this much about BS: They have quality people on brass staff, old and new. The clips they've posted are a good sign. Everything's looking good, but make no mistake: For BS to climb, one of those other corps will also have to "stumble" a bit.

That's a more interesting question: Who's most likely to stumble?

Second time you've posted this and I again feel compelled to respond.

In my view quality is not a zero-sum game. I think it's possible for a corps to move up from "mediocre" to "contender" by simply expanding the pool of "contenders". So in my opinion it's not necessary for someone to "stumble" for a corps to "move up". In absolute terms someone does need to place lower but that does not (by necessity) imply a stumble.

On the flip side, it *is* possible for a corps to advance in placement without improving their quality (by virtue of a "stumble" by a higher corps).

But I don't think your assertion - corps "A" must stumble for corps "B" to advance - rings true.

• Like 3

Hellfire, I would seriously love to see some shake-ups this season - but will that actually happen?

With the current "slotting" and "competitive inertia" speel, can corps C really pull off an upset of corps A?

If a corps should pull out a masterful performance, will it knock off an adequate top-seed show or will they remain in the spot some judge(s) predetermined for them?

Hellfire, I would seriously love to see some shake-ups this season - but will that actually happen?

With the current "slotting" and "competitive inertia" speel, can corps C really pull off an upset of corps A?

If a corps should pull out a masterful performance, will it knock off an adequate top-seed show or will they remain in the spot some judge(s) predetermined for them?

Shake ups always make it interesting!

Let's hope this year is interesting.

there wont be any "new" groups to be in the top 3 for quite some time after bluecoats and crown have punched their way to the top. the only group who could be possible soon would be boston but seeing as how they finished 9th last summer, they have a bit of a climb and thats if no one else pushes past them.

anyway, with the scores being so close the past few seasons, next summer will be fun to watch. since i can't compete anymore. :unhappy:

• Like 1

I agree with Stars, not so much with Boston. As an added sidenote, I hope/think SCV will be in the top 3 this year as well.

SCV has already been top 3, so they can not make the top 3 for the first time....

again....

Blue Stars have already been top three, but it's been a really long time. That's a better argument.

Boston, have never been top 3 in the DCI era, so they're the best choice.

• Like 1

SCV has already been top 3, so they can not make the top 3 for the first time....

again....

Blue Stars have already been top three, but it's been a really long time. That's a better argument.

Boston, have never been top 3 in the DCI era, so they're the best choice.

It looks like Boston. It would be great. A lot of people in the north east would be very happy. After all the last time DCI was held in boston there was a great showing of people from northeast one of the biggest final that people attended. You have to love all the corps getting better each year.

This year I don't think the top 3 will have "new" corps. But the next corps to do it will without a doubt be Blue Stars! After being back in World Class for just a few years they have developed their consistency quickly. The staff looks like they are always pushing their own limits as a corps. so Blue Stars will definitely be the next into the top 3.

This year I don't think the top 3 will have "new" corps. But the next corps to do it will without a doubt be Blue Stars! After being back in World Class for just a few years they have developed their consistency quickly. The staff looks like they are always pushing their own limits as a corps. so Blue Stars will definitely be the next into the top 3.

Blue Stars is great! I would be happy to see them back in the top 3 after so many years of being out, and almost out ( from reading their history online a while back). I've been rooting for them for a while, so I know they'll step it up!

I think Boston is the next logical first time top 3 corps. It took them so long to actually break into the top 12, but they're a mainstay now.

Out of these two corps, I think Blue Stars will be top 3 next.