Cadets2

:rolleyes: yeah thats just what I was doing..ughhhh come on jeff..I agree with you on many issues but sometimes :tongue::lol:

hey that myth still lives. when this topic came up at TIA finals weekend in Wildwood, someone said "oh those DCA guys, a bunch of drunks".

Nice to see about 20 people, a few of them judges, gang up on that person.

(tho between us, it did happen at kelly's at 1 am :tongue: )

hey that myth still lives. when this topic came up at TIA finals weekend in Wildwood, someone said "oh those DCA guys, a bunch of drunks".

Nice to see about 20 people, a few of them judges, gang up on that person.

(tho between us, it did happen at kelly's at 1 am :tongue: )

theres enough to worry about in the activity than that.....hasnt seemed to hurt much with all the young ones in DCA today

The Cadets2 thing sounds really cool.I am looking foward to seeing them in 2012.However,if they start dominating DCA competition,other corps may put age caps on their membership as well,just to be competitive.If that happens,( and it could,according to the current DCA rules )those of us in our 30s,40s,50s,and 60s+ could be forced out of the very thing that we love to do so much.I hate to sound so negative,but this could backfire on the older members of DCA.I hope that day never comes.Nothing against Cadets2 or GH,but definitely something to think about.

The Cadets2 thing sounds really cool.I am looking foward to seeing them in 2012.However,if they start dominating DCA competition,other corps may put age caps on their membership as well,just to be competitive.If that happens,( and it could,according to the current DCA rules )those of us in our 30s,40s,50s,and 60s+ could be forced out of the very thing that we love to do so much.I hate to sound so negative,but this could backfire on the older members of DCA.I hope that day never comes.Nothing against Cadets2 or GH,but definitely something to think about.

Unfortunately in some cases it has happened already BUT then again some have struggled for membership and in that case it has helped.....always a double edged sword isnt it

Lots of very good points here. Keep in mind that Cadets2 is specifically for kids who want to go to Cadets but either a) aren't good enough yet or b) can't swing the financial/time commitment. It's not like the full membership of Cadets1 is going to show up in Annapolis and run away with the title. This is in no way saying that they won't be good, just that I don't think that they will be the world-beaters that some may fear right out of the gate.

Guardling, I will handle your repsonse for you...

:tongue:

What would keep him from bringing in people from Cadets1 to fill out Cadets2 for Championships? Yes, I am aware that it probably wouldn't happen, but we've all seen what he does, when he gets desperate for control and power.

Personally, I think that if DCA is going to let a DCI organization compete in their circuit, the competing corps should have a minimum age of 22 to keep this situation in check. In other words, it would be a way for age-outs to continue with the organization. Feeder corps under the age of 22 already have a circuit, DCI Open Class.

What would keep him from bringing in people from Cadets1 to fill out Cadets2 for Championships?

Time. It is difficult to learn a whole show in two weekends, and it is risky to add people so late in the season (the more people you add, the riskier it gets). Adding a few DCI kids to fill holes can be worthwhile, provided that the other 95% of the corps knows their show. Adding far larger numbers of people after DCI Championships doesn't work as well.

Personally, I think that if DCA is going to let a DCI organization compete in their circuit, the competing corps should have a minimum age of 22 to keep this situation in check. In other words, it would be a way for age-outs to continue with the organization. Feeder corps under the age of 22 already have a circuit, DCI Open Class.

So other DCA corps should be allowed to take in DCI kids....just not Cadets2?

• Like 1

The Cadets2 thing sounds really cool.I am looking foward to seeing them in 2012.However,if they start dominating DCA competition,other corps may put age caps on their membership as well,just to be competitive.If that happens,( and it could,according to the current DCA rules )those of us in our 30s,40s,50s,and 60s+ could be forced out of the very thing that we love to do so much.I hate to sound so negative,but this could backfire on the older members of DCA.I hope that day never comes.

Of course, for that day to come, we'd first have to get to the point where interest from younger marchers surges to the level where they alone could fill the ranks of all those DCA corps. Would that be a bad thing?

So other DCA corps should be allowed to take in DCI kids....just not Cadets2?

But that has been being done for years....

But that has been being done for years....

That's been done since I marched junior corps in the 80's....why should Cadets2 be the only corps who could't do that?

Of course, for that day to come, we'd first have to get to the point where interest from younger marchers surges to the level where they alone could fill the ranks of all those DCA corps. Would that be a bad thing?

If your age 30 or older,the answer would be "yes".I guess an even bigger question would be,is this the direction DCA wants to go in.The 16-22 year olds,already have DCI.For us older corps members,DCA is all we have.That is why it needs to remain all age,which i thought meant members of all ages,young to mature.Why would 16-22 years olds need DCA and DCI all to themselves? I Think that would be pointless an silly.All age should mean just that"ALL AGE".