Cadets2

Who do you think is more powerful than USSBA in Allentown?

Disagree

USSBA at best is tied with TOB for tops in the area, and CBA has picked up a few from up there.

The Cadets rarely run camps in Allentown, and I know diehards who rarely see the corps in any visible way in the area. Yes, YEA may do stuff, but the Cadets not so much.

USSBA at best is tied with TOB for tops in the area, and CBA has picked up a few from up there.

The Cadets rarely run camps in Allentown, and I know diehards who rarely see the corps in any visible way in the area. Yes, YEA may do stuff, but the Cadets not so much.

amount doesnt necessarily mean a better circuit. Just depends on who or what it serves and what it all means to a given group. as far as YEA or the Cadets I dont think there is anyone who doesnt associate one with the other..they are 1 in the same..even though they may not say it on paper

I think there are areas where each is tops...IMO USSBA is the top in the immediate Allentown area...with some TOB and a little CBA presence, of course. They don't have a monopoly, which is a good thing.

I don't claim otherwise. YEA! is doing some good things in Allentown from the link. I don't think I focussed on The Cadets. Cadets2 could be another good opportunity for kids in the area. I hope it takes off and thrives, for the benefit of those who want to march.

• Like 1

Another possible repercussion: If Cadets2 were to push Empire to 4th place, a lot of DCA corps would have to change the lyrics to their Empire songs.

We have a guy from phantom thats already used to "i march in phantom cause i like 4th plaaaceee" Of course he marched in 08, so....

Also, we'd have to change the tune to new york, new york, or something equally cheesy :rolleyes:

here's the thing.....very few DCA corps are truly local based anymore. I know people going to Cabs from Hagerstown MD. I know people going to Bucs from Baltimore. Hell Walt Street came in from Pittsburgh anymore. Windsor has folks from Baltimore.

A kid will go where 1) he's attracted to 2) where friends go and 3) where HS instructors march/teach.

having a local option helps, but think of ALL the bands up in your area that DON'T feed kids to Cabs, Bush, Sky, Sun, Fusion etc. It's not cause of 40 year olds next to kids.

Yup - we've had 5 people go to Statesmen from MD....from Frederick, Baltimore, The friggin Eastern Shore, (and i now live in west chester pa....50 minutes from reading :tongue: )

Yup - we've had 5 people go to Statesmen from MD....from Frederick, Baltimore, The friggin Eastern Shore, (and i now live in west chester pa....50 minutes from reading :tongue: )

At one time a van left Hsrrisburg every week for Empire for 2 years. Then to Cabs for a while. Bucs were an hour away, and some were Bucs vets. Why did they go? They followed staff.

Staff loyalty these days is just as big as corps loyalty

Hey, I live on the Eastern Shore of MD... (I didn't know it was "friggin" though w00t.gif)

Hey, I live on the Eastern Shore of MD... (I didn't know it was "friggin" though w00t.gif)

Depends on which part of the Eastern Shore you're talking about.... Seeing how I'm only familiar with Easton and Cambridge (right off of the highway), :shutup: Still trying to remember the name of the no-tell motel we stayed at in Easton when the neice got baptized. Heat had two settings OFF and Flame Thrower. Nastiest part was getting supplies at the grocery store and I'm the only non-food stamp user, got a lot of looks like -> :rock:

Hey is Wild Goose still brewed down thar'.... Bro-in-law was there when they were independant. When they sold to ???? he got PO'ed and quit (no idea why). First of many, many places he's worked at over the last 20 years....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

At one time a van left Hsrrisburg every week for Empire for 2 years. Then to Cabs for a while. Bucs were an hour away, and some were Bucs vets. Why did they go? They followed staff.

Staff loyalty these days is just as big as corps loyalty

I didnt know who David Bruni was when i went to my first camp....heck, i didnt even know who the statesmen were. My sister and I got flown up by a friend from who was a cadets alum, we had a good enough time since the people in the corps were amazing, and because of that, they've wound up with 5 new members from Maryland over the past 2 years.

...just one reason when i laugh when people say corps need to recruit better to beat the bucs...:tongue: