Cadets2

I interpret the hint of expanding the age as reflective of the above possibility happening.

It will be a work in progress, I'm sure. Like any other startup.

Hey...what if Star United ever decides to field a DCA Class A corps (To clarify, I have no information on that possibility whatsoever....just speculating)..... and the new Cadets venture ends up smaller than anticipated for its first year, with the numbers to go Class A?

Another Star-Cadets throwdown. At DCA Championships, of all places!!! :thumbup:

All of the California and Midwest corps compete at DCI shows during their early season. They use DCA sheets, but I'm not sure that the judges are actually DCA judges.

They do not compete in a division of DCI, that is the difference.

In my best Mr Burns voice

“I’ll launch a DCA corps and dominate the competition and then I’ll bully the board to my vision and all the drum corps circuits will be mine…then only the Cadets will be Drum Corps”

I like the idea but I don’t trust him, more kids more money more me. I really doubt this is being done to help DCA at all, more like grab a share of the bag that is DCA

IMO he is looking to provide a summer competitive opportunity to young people close by Allentown, no more and no less. By not touring they pretty much limit members to those who live close enough to make going back and forth work, just like any DCA corps.

• Like 3

Exactly. It's publicly known that team Cadets (and others) don't see a future in DCI Open Class.

I think there are a total of three all-Open class shows in the Northeast this summer, starting in mid July. there are far more DCA opportunities.

• Like 1

I think that is against DCA rules.

Yes, people have said as much. I didn't know that! tongue.gif

They do not compete in a division of DCI, that is the difference.

Thanks, Mike. It's been explained by others on here. smile.gif

Actually, and I don't know why it only just occurred to me, but it is actually "Cadets squared".

Because, the "feeder corps" is traditionally called the "cadet corps" (witness SCV Cadets)... so this would actually be the "Cadet Cadets".

And, mathematically, Cadet × Cadet = Cadet²!

Brilliant. Really.

This.

I'll also add some more conspiracy fodder...

Could this simply be an early foot in the door for YEA! to an already viable circuit, because someone is anticipating the death of (or separation from) an existing international circuit in the future? Ouch. :ph34r:

Lets put it this way :... You wouldn't be the first person to have this cross their mind as at least something that should not be automatically dismissed out of hand as a motivation for this.