Cadets2

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=19379&news_iv_ctrl=1401

Interesting.

And pretty #### cool. Have we ever had a group run two simultaneous groups in both circuits? It'd be cool to see this happen with Regiment, Cavaliers, etc as well . . .

Lots to talk about here on the World Class side of things.

There's a separate thread in the DCA forum as well to discuss what that might mean for the DCA circuit.

DCA is All-Age.

I guess Hop didn't get the memo.

• Like 4

It will be interesting to see how this comes about. Kinda interesting also how it dovetails with the recently closed thread about the future of DCI. Looks to me that the release from YEA hits on a lot of the points that were discussed in samesaid thread. Kinda makes you go hmmmmmm....

If YEA can pull it off, it's a brilliant idea. It keeps that tremendous pool of applicants who either don't or can't make the touring corps within the organization. Since they're much closer to the NE than other top corps, this makes travel to contests easier (and cheaper) for them as opposed to a Cavaliers or Blue Devils. And I would assume they'll be performing "Cadet"-like programs.

All in all, I like.

Mike

Viable? It's been viable for awhile actually. Corps are routinely being added throughout the country.

Where I actually welcome the Cadets2 in DCA, the not being all-age really is a huge turn off.

Edited by Kyle B
  • Like 2

Wow! This is Great! And for all those people that said George wanted to kill DCA you were clearly wrong! He's clearly trying to expand it and make it more viable again!

A little unsure of the "expansion" when you are limiting your membership to the same age range of DCI corps.

• Like 2

Wow! This is Great! And for all those people that said George wanted to kill DCA you were clearly wrong! He's clearly trying to expand it and make it more viable again!

But only if you're under 22. If I'm Surf, I'm not pleased

• Like 1