Cadets2

Lets put it this way :... You wouldn't be the first person to have this cross their mind as at least something that should not be automatically dismissed out of hand as a motivation for this.

Seriously? You think the Cadets are venturing into DCA because it's a more viable arena than DCI?

You've seen the budgets and attendance numbers for each circuit, yes?

... seriously?

Mike

is charlie1223 your alter ego mike? sure goes to explain some of his more 'out there' thoughts!!! ;-)

No... I am no one elses ego but my own. I believe in thinking differently about drum corps to strengthen it for the future. I wish I could do more than just that but that time come...

Edited by charlie1223

I personally believe that Cadet's moving into DCA is a great decision, they want another venture into something else, what they said about having practice every weekend is a great reason for that since DCA championship's are east coast thing and having kid's who live over there participate in that activity is a great thing.

Seriously? You think the Cadets are venturing into DCA because it's a more viable arena than DCI?

... seriously?

Mike

No one claimed that DCA was "more" viable than DCI... just that DCA is a viable circuit.

And yes, seriously, I personally think that it would not be unreasonable for someone to assess the future of DCI to be somewhat of a question mark at this point in time.

DCA clearly has a sustaining market (regardless of its comparison to DCI's market), and G.H. always has a plan, which history has repeatedly shown us often includes influencing monumental transformation for all involved, toward an end result that supports his personal vision... be it good or bad.

Seriously.

No one claimed that DCA was "more" viable than DCI... just that DCA is a viable circuit.

And yes, seriously, I personally think that it would not be unreasonable for someone to assess the future of DCI to be somewhat of a question mark at this point in time.

DCA clearly has a sustaining market (regardless of its comparison to DCI's market), and G.H. always has a plan, which history has repeatedly shown us often includes influencing monumental transformation for all involved, toward an end result that supports his personal vision... be it good or bad.

Seriously.

That's just good business; have a contingency plan & Mitigate risks...

... seriously?

Mike

Ain't it the truth?

DCP is a world of infinite possibility, most of it negative.

HH

• Like 1

Ok, let's get real here. The sole reason Hopkins is starting this corps is so he can test the waters.

Uniform change? no problem. See if it works and apply it to WC cadets next season.

experimental concepts? try 'em out with Cadets2.

Think of it as a dress rehearsal tongue.gif

But seriously having a hole filling entity mid-season is genius.

Surf is already basically the Cadets stepping stone, so I do see this hurting them in some way. However "killing" surf is not gonna happen. Bob knows what he's doing over there smile.gif

'Twill be interesting that's for sure.

I really don't think the idea behind his idea is to test the waters. It's just purely to keep drum corps around and start expanding the Cadets brand through the entire activity. Could he use it as a place to look for hole fillers? Sure, does it mean he will? Probably not, the kids that are going to be attracted to Cadets2 probably wont/cant fill a whole at the bigger corps, otherwise they wouldn't have chose Cadets2 in the first place.

And to say Surf is a "stepping stone" is quite harsh and I'm sure some of the members who stayed there regardless of talent would agree with me. Sure, their touring schudule may not be the same as the more elite corps but it is far more than a stepping stone, and if people (and I'm sure there are some) march there for the sole reason of going somewhere else I think they're in the activity for the wrong reasons.

Edited by MoarPower
  • Like 1

And while I'm correcting the record, let's be clear on this. YEA and Cadets saved Crossmen from extinction. Corp officials have said here unequivocally that Crossmen would have folded had Hopkins and YEA not intervened to save it. Everything that's happened to Crossmen since is precisely what's happened to countless corps who struggled to find funding and a future. YEA is not to blame for the predicament of Crossmen.

HH

:thumbup:

• Like 1