Blue Devils announce their show!

Wow.....QUITE the stylistic change from last year!

It's all in the arrangement. That's a lot of songs to put into a show. ( Like Carolina Crown and BD a few years ago).

I'm thinking it will still be like last year. Good source music to work with!

• Like 2

I'm intrigued by the show graphic. I'm not quite sure how it fits into the theme at all. Any guesses?

I'm wondering the same thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the episode of Glee that featured A House is Not a Home and One Less Bell to Answer sparked their initial idea for this. The producers blew the dust off those songs (with considerable help from Chris Colfer and Kristen Chenoweth) and really showcased them in a beautiful way to a new audience. I can imagine how BD will take that to another level.

I've been rather skeptical of the Cesario as Artistic Director thing, as despite the man's considerable talent, having one person's point of view so heavily influence multiple decisions across different groups would never seem like a way to foster more creativity than the individual approaches of the different staffs. That being said, from the show announcements so far, it certainly looks like he has helped the different corps to clarify their unique messages and identities in a big way. So far we have:

Phantom - lush romanticism (always their best)

Crown - quirky mix of classical and rock (which was a hit for them before, and they had drifted from)

Cavaliers - boys, boys, boys or whatever that is - lots of ROAR, which people like

SCV - cerebral abstraction

Cadets - fast, furious, with beauty and darkness (no cutesy-pooh Little Geoffrey)

BD - jazzy swing with what looks like what they have been missing recently - HEART (and melody).

So, it remains to be seen how these develop, but each package certainly looks to be an excellent fit to showcase what the individual corps do best, and it's hard not to find that intriguing (and welcome).

• Like 4

Well, at least no one can complain about their show being inaccessible, or too esoteric, this season ...

(Now if they could only feature Elvis Costello.)

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I hope the Burt Bacharach GEICO ad is included in all this. :tongue:

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the show graphic. I'm not quite sure how it fits into the theme at all. Any guesses?

Well the graphic is an optical illusion. I'm guessing this has something to do with their visual (ex: the mirrors last year). In the center, you can see the illusion is flipped and shows two beams with a triangle on top. My guess is that is a house, since the first song on the list is "House is Not a Home".

The graphic does have me concerned about the music, though. If the visual is trippy and illusions, it probably means chop and bop. :thumbdown:

• Like 2