Blue Devils announce their show!

I wouldn't be surprised if the episode of Glee that featured A House is Not a Home and One Less Bell to Answer sparked their initial idea for this. The producers blew the dust off those songs (with considerable help from Chris Colfer and Kristen Chenoweth) and really showcased them in a beautiful way to a new audience. I can imagine how BD will take that to another level.

I've been rather skeptical of the Cesario as Artistic Director thing, as despite the man's considerable talent, having one person's point of view so heavily influence multiple decisions across different groups would never seem like a way to foster more creativity than the individual approaches of the different staffs. That being said, from the show announcements so far, it certainly looks like he has helped the different corps to clarify their unique messages and identities in a big way. So far we have:

Phantom - lush romanticism (always their best)

Crown - quirky mix of classical and rock (which was a hit for them before, and they had drifted from)

Cavaliers - boys, boys, boys or whatever that is - lots of ROAR, which people like

SCV - cerebral abstraction

Cadets - fast, furious, with beauty and darkness (no cutesy-pooh Little Geoffrey)

BD - jazzy swing with what looks like what they have been missing recently - HEART (and melody).

So, it remains to be seen how these develop, but each package certainly looks to be an excellent fit to showcase what the individual corps do best, and it's hard not to find that intriguing (and welcome).

You just got me 10x more excited for this season. And I was already way too excited to begin with.

• Like 1

85% chance of typical BD "sampling." The wording introducing the rep. in addition to the number of selections is a pretty good indicator.

• Like 2

85% chance of typical BD "sampling." The wording introducing the rep. in addition to the number of selections is a pretty good indicator.

I would have to agree. Hopefully with a new season...they will approach things in a new way but...that's (Unfortunately) some major hope.

BD....PLEASE let the melody breathe and develop....

I'll try not to be to critical under I hear it.....

• Like 3

I would have to agree. Hopefully with a new season...they will approach things in a new way but...that's (Unfortunately) some major hope.

BD....PLEASE let the melody breathe and develop....

I'll try not to be to critical under I hear it.....

Well, there are "8" pieces to draw sounds from. So, I can not wait to find out how this turns out but odds are not great. We just do not know yet.

• Like 1

Well, there are "8" pieces to draw sounds from. So, I can not wait to find out how this turns out but odds are not great. We just do not know yet.

Some people on this forum [who are not directly part of the BD organization] definitely know though; however, they shall remain nameless. They were probably bludgeoned to death silence to keep it a secret.

Edited by NeutralNovice

While some may think of Bacharach's music as "cheesy" or "old," those people either don't know or understand how well written and creative it is, as the Blue Devils site points out.

...or they're less than 250 years old :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I kid! Excited to hear this one! Also hoping they come up with a different logo design for the t-shirt that doesn't make my eyes go all googly-moogly.

Some people on this forum [who are not directly part of the BD organization] definitely know though; however, they shall remain nameless. They were probably bludgeoned to death silence to keep it a secret.

As they should be. We'll see/hear it soon. I'm hoping it is great! thumbup.gif

Finally, a show I can get behind! LOL. I'm looking forward to this one.