What do you think of Teal Sound?

I will echo the identity part regarding your corps. I like the fact that there is a young corps out there that is carving out one for themselves.

About guitars and synth in your shows- I think its a pretty simple answer: Its legal.

Also you are playing modern rock- so it would seem natural to use it.

About your show this year- I am a fan of Perfect Circle. Mer de Noms is one of my favorite albums. I was also impressed with the different take the band went in, on their remix album. Are your arrangements based more on that remix album than the "Mer do Noms" and "13 Steps" original versions?

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 1

Drill last year was very slow paced for me, though it had a moment every now and again. The musical repertoire they have picked over the past few years has been great for me too.

Also:

I like the willingness to be experimental. I just don't like the results of some of the experiments.

You guys have a very nice band.

• Like 1

I will echo the identity part regarding your corps. I like the fact that there is a young corps out there that is carving out one for themselves.

About guitars and synth in your shows- I think its a pretty simple answer: Its legal.

Also you are playing modern rock- so it would seem natural to use it.

About your show this year- I am a fan of Perfect Circle. Mer de Noms is one of my favorite albums. I was also impressed with the different take the band went in, on their remix album. Are your arrangements based more on that remix album than the "Mer do Noms" and "13 Steps" original versions?

Our arrangements this year are based more around the Vitamin String Quartet versions than the originals.

I appreciate what they do, and like they fact that they are developing a distinct identity that separates them from other corps.

It is just not my cup of tea however.

BUT... if I had the option to 'change' them, I wouldn't. Even tho I may not particularly care for their style, I think the diversity is a good thing.

• Like 2

I think they play and march well. Looks to be a well run organization. Meh, if I were using guitars I might look in to doing some Chicago charts but BOA has this already covered quite well. Really nothing original to the marching arts world IMHO.

I love the fact they are trying music other corps do/will not...Dream Theater? Really? Awesome!!!

on the other hand...not a fan of guitars in drum corps...or bass guitars...or synths...or over amp'd pits...