Troopers bus involved in accident this morning

Just got home from work and read this. Haven't read all the posts. My thoughts and prayers to the Troopers and I am so glad that everyones doing well under the circumstances.

It's every drivers nightmare that something like this could happen. Kudos to the driver of that bus for doing so well. Really. The force behind a blowout and the weight of the bus could have caused something much worse. I'm sure he did the best he could to keep it under control to minimize the damage. Hope he gets back on that horse...

Considering the thousands and thousands of miles that Corps travel every season, we are very lucky that stuff like this happens only rarely . That in itself speaks for the expertise of most of the Corps Drivers. It speaks for the love of "their" kids and the desire to keep them safe. So keep everyone in your prayers guys. Not only for the Troopers but for everyone who is about to hit the road.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that everyone is ok after the accident. I hope they get everything back on track, and it turns into an extremely memorable season for them.

I'm so glad to hear everybody was safe. Those pictures weren't very reassuring at first. Here's wishing for the best for their season!

• Like 1

<SNIP>

I remember that in 1979 the Troopers had another serious situation between tours. There was a large party at a color guard member's house where a large, second-story, porch collapsed under the weight of about half the corps. <SNIP>

Salutes from a 79er! :thumbup::worthy:

I remember 'The Porch' all too well! A guard member and I went out to the grocery store to get some snacks and when we returned, there were rescue vehicles all around and the porch was laying on the ground with the members still under it. Have to think that building codes are a bit different now!

It was scary - I still have the Casper Star Tribune photos and articles from the next morning. May have to share those.

Thank God everyone is ok. the pictures are scary as hell

I remember 'The Porch' all too well! A guard member and I went out to the grocery store to get some snacks and when we returned, there were rescue vehicles all around and the porch was laying on the ground with the members still under it. Have to think that building codes are a bit different now!

It was scary - I still have the Casper Star Tribune photos and articles from the next morning. May have to share those.

I was sitting in the middle of the porch when it collapsed. I had just watched Mr. Jones go back into the house as the deck went down. The entire situation took about 10 seconds before we had managed to lift the remains off of the people underneath. I seem to remember a snare drummer, Eric Fernilius and a couple of colorguard were lucky enough to get out fairly unscathed, but, a keyboard player sitting right next to me had her face badly cut. The ambulances and fire trucks took forever to get to the address because they kept getting lost. I still remember how everyone was extremely focused at the next day's rehearsal. This truely made this corps what it became through the rest of the season.

I always get nervous when I hear about these kind of things. My corps had a few close calls when I marched too. I'm just happy that everyone is OK.

Inside every cloud is a silver lining. Think about the good that can come out of this. The diligence of every corps and their transportation providers will be at a higher level. The fact that there were no serious injuries we can chalk up to luck, and a driver with skills.

Now, lets go play some drum corps. And, hey! Let's be careful out there!

($1 to Hill Street Blues)

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1