Crossmen 2011

George Hopkins

George Hopkins is not influencing the judges on the first week scores of The Crossmen. It's not the fault of George Hopkins.

Its George Bush's fault.

Just watched their show on the FN.

WOW!

This show has a lot of potential. I really love the arrangements and the brass sound is very good...some of the best sounds I have heard from the Crossmen in recent memory. The big impact in "Hallelujah" gave me musical chills - and it's only June! I can't wait to see how this program develops over the course of the season. Keep up the good work, Crossmen!

not shying away from complete melodic phrases, long phrases

My favorite part.

As for Guidry... I think his stuff works, but not for Xmen. His approach (which was very different from Xmen's past), coinciding with a slide in competitiveness, spelled disaster for his tenure. I would like to see him back in drum corps some day, with a corps that has a similar style to his (or one whose style is not so different).

My favorite part.

As for Guidry... I think his stuff works, but not for Xmen. His approach (which was very different from Xmen's past), coinciding with a slide in competitiveness, spelled disaster for his tenure. I would like to see him back in drum corps some day, with a corps that has a similar style to his (or one whose style is not so different).

100% agree. I think it's just a matter of getting the right orchestrator to translate his stuff into the drum corps medium. His MB stuff is *very* good.

I liked his webpage and midi files a lot. Especially liked RRHS shows he's written.

AND he's a really funny and talented guy.

By RRHS I assume u mean round rock. There are several kids from there in the corPs currently.

By RRHS I assume u mean round rock. There are several kids from there in the corPs currently.

Ronald Reagan High School from San Antonio

Dear Dci,

If your plan is to make Crossmen non-exist, it's not going to work. We will fight till the end.

Crossmen 2011 are working very hard to keep it alive.

There are over 3,000 alumni rooting for this corps; we want them back where they belong.

PA?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

If your plan is to make Crossmen non-exist, it's not going to work. We will fight till the end.

Just as true today as it was 35 years ago.

I was able to meet the Crossmen as a volunteer on the food truck while they were still in Spring Training. These young people are amazing! They have so much heart and passion!

During lunch one day I took an unofficial poll... The question, "What is your favorite piece in the show?" Overwhelmingly they choose "Spinning Wheel". They love the jazz feel! And being able to wail away! Kuddos for a great arrangement!

There has already been a great deal of improvement on the show. From the San Antonio premeire to the Circle City contest, I can see their work paying off and know the rest of the world will see it too as the season progresses!

Go Bones! :thumbup:

Edited by proudTXmom