The Saginaw Saloon

Keep an open mind. Those are just a few peoples' opinions. You may like it more than those people. Never know until you see it right?

Yup yup!

is it full judge panel tonight?

Yes I believe so. I saw a list somewhere of the panel for tonight and tomorrow and it listed every box judge and field judge for tonight and tomorrow.

Ah phantom, you open so pretty. Black shakos are not a problem in the light of the field.

Phantom doesn't wear shakos.

• Like 1

Blue Stars - much better than expected!! The props work very well and are effective. Overall, an easy show with some nice brass sounds and good percussion features (the entire show?) Not a big fan of the guard integration and overall visual package.

SCV - Not a big fan. Percussion was very prominent and it made them lose effect in my opinion because of a much weaker hornline. They aren't playing much, and when you hear it, it doesn't sound great. Overall a much less effective show than expected - percussion is great though. Melodic perc a bit less on their A-game than expected.

Phantom - WOW! They blew me away! Brass was miles better than the 2 groups in front. Guard was VERY effective and impressive. Percussion is the weakest point, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. Very emotional show with a lot of great visual moments! Much cleaner than 2 groups before.

Cadets - This show is so much fun. I can't think of a better way to describe it. Brass is a bit more impressive than Phantom's - more technical playing in upper brass like you'd expect and less impressive lows, but I'd put them above Phantom for how well it was executed with the difficulty of the show. Everything is very effective - GE central. The uniforms are the source of effect throughout the entire show. Impressive characterization with performers - much more comparable to what Phantom has done in previous years than anything (and not comparable to what little effect SCV's characterization had). Great package, especially the ballad with the contrast between th Angels and demons. Can't wait to see the demon ending!

Did Cadets march and play up to the end of their show?